Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Today.... Ugh, lawnmower, still, I just wanna take the gallon of chem bath I bought to let the carbs sit in for a bit and pour it over the engine and set it on fire....

Hey you guys...
Those of you on Facebook should like and share this picture.
Contest! | Facebook

It's some kind of competition my brother entered his car in to. The more likes and shares the better :thumbsup:

Today I went to my friends house and we washed and waxed our cars. Then we played some Supreme Commander.

Yea it isn't the prettiest car, but it looks better than it did a year ago and I'm not done yet.
2012-03-26192549.jpg

20120326_194536.jpg

Looks great, PP! She's a beauty. I'm also quite fond of the color of that Subaru. :grin:

What kind of mower do you have?

A cheap MTD with an industrial Tecumseh 26HP v-twin engine. It's been great till here recently. I contribute the current issues to high amounts of ethanol as it worked great till last year when all we could get was e-15 or higher, it's meant for no more than e-10. I have thought about buying a briggs v-twin with the same HP rating, but it costs as much as a new mower. It has been a great mower/engine, just this government mandated b/s is screwing with a LOT of our smaller engines around here that was never designed for high ethanol, only e-10 or lower. Today we saw signs at several stations that said, "Our fuel is NOT suitable for smaller 4 cylinder engines, lawnmowers/trimmers, and cars manufactured prior to 1998." I asked a manager why, and it's because apparently, it's causing smaller engines to overheat, or gum up carbs/injectors pretty badly... I feel this is more or less the government trying to force people into buying newer cars or engines/parts that cost a whole lot more...

There is one station that sells "specialty" fuels, but at $10 a gallon... Not my favorite idea... Would rather buy a new engine that can handle the newer fuels...

A cheap MTD with an industrial Tecumseh 26HP v-twin engine. It's been great till here recently. I contribute the current issues to high amounts of ethanol as it worked great till last year when all we could get was e-15 or higher, it's meant for no more than e-10. I have thought about buying a briggs v-twin with the same HP rating, but it costs as much as a new mower. It has been a great mower/engine, just this government mandated b/s is screwing with a LOT of our smaller engines around here that was never designed for high ethanol, only e-10 or lower. Today we saw signs at several stations that said, "Our fuel is NOT suitable for smaller 4 cylinder engines, lawnmowers/trimmers, and cars manufactured prior to 1998." I asked a manager why, and it's because apparently, it's causing smaller engines to overheat, or gum up carbs/injectors pretty badly... I feel this is more or less the government trying to force people into buying newer cars or engines/parts that cost a whole lot more...

There is one station that sells "specialty" fuels, but at $10 a gallon... Not my favorite idea... Would rather buy a new engine that can handle the newer fuels...

That's your problem. MTD, Briggs and the likes are all cheap Chinese junk. Last year I bought a John Deere I found on Craigslist, it's a dealer model, made in the US, with a 17hp Kawasaki V-Twin and hydrostatic tranny.

I have a piece of crap in the front yard that the owner got a few years ago from the pawn shop. Only thing wrong with it is a half ass battery. It has basically bush hogged 4-5ft tall grass in my backyard.

Back
Top Bottom