Potentially the longest thread in history...

It was... colorful, and stood out, unlike all the boring text ones :p
Well if somebody handy wants to make me one I'd use it. Just couldn't have people assuming I was a generation behind anymore :devil:

for those toms to be angled right for you your hands would have to be rather low other wise the tip of your sticks will be hitting at an angle that would make them glance rather then hit. Unless the picture just makes that angle look weird. The left floor tom is the one i was talking about, to hit the center of the skin it would be rather difficult to do fast as the cymbal is right over it. Snare would be quite a stretch of my left arm, unless you play the snare with your right, which not very many drummers that i no to as it slows your transitions. The cymbals look close, but your right the picture could very easily be making them look closer then they are.

EDIT: now that I have taken another look at the setup i think why the reason why the toms look at an odd angle is because ur stool is pretty low. So I think if i were actually sitting the angle would be right, just doesn't look it at first glance.

Is a very nice drum set. What make? im thinking westbury or ddrum. I like the cymbal variance.
The set was a compilation over the years and then in 2010 I sold it to some kid who did nothing with them. I was finally able to buy them back and will slowly upgrade over time. Main portions are Tama Rockstar, the 2 floor toms are PDP as well as the second Bass drum. I typically use the PDP bass as my right kick (double pedals) but the kid who had them kicked my Aquarian Reso in and also bent the ring making it impossible to tune good. My snare is a Tama Artstar Maple Sunburst. I'm ditching every cymbal besides the AAX Xplosion eventually. My new setup will look like this.

4 Tama Rockstar rack toms 8, 10, 12, 13
Tama Rockstar 16" floor (left) and PDP Birch (right)
Tama Artstar Maple snare
Gibralter Rack
From left to right all Sabian
14" AAX Mini-Chinese
14" HHX Stage Hats
17" AAX Studio Crash
8" AA China Splash
11" AAX Xplosion Splash
16" AAX Xplosion Crash
18" AAX Xplosion Crash
18" AAX Xtreme-Chinese
19" AAX Xplosion Fast Crash

I'll be adding more stuff later but for now that is the gist of it which will cost a fortune new anyways.

I also want to find another piano black mid 90's Rockstar bass drum to match my other one. If I EVER upgrade the snare, it'll be a Pearl Free-Floating Brass or an Ultracast.

Edit: Oh yea, the ride actually barely covers that floor tom. It's just camera angles that make it all look weird.

^sounds pretty awesome. I hope I can eventually afford a drum set like that. I Sold my drum set a while back as well to pay for some more important expenses that came up.

I sold mine because I felt I had to. Turns out later on it was a stupid idea and I regretted it while my gf felt real guilty. Basically, that is how and why I got them back. I'm still peeved that the kid sold my good china and didn't even bother to tell me.

3086287_460s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom