Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Whatcha getting?
Shocks and a thermostat. Probably a tub of wax too.

Are you 5 hours behind us? If so i usually get up around that time 11:30-1:00. <<when im not at school of course :) or really need to do something important.
Actually I usually get up around 8 or 9 but parents had the kid so I got to sleep in which in turn messed up my sleeping schedule. Before the kid I would sleep and get up whenever I wanted.

Just spent about 30 minutes calculating income and outgoings over the next week or so. I have a load of stuff to pay for, but then also have a few bits of money coming in from various places. I knew my expenses were going to be more than I had coming in, but I needed to figure out how much I was going to overspend so I could take that into account for living expenses over the next few weeks. Used my iExpensit app too look back at previous expenses, as I record all expenses immediately on that if I remember too. Anyway, figured out I was going to be about £140 down overall. The last piece in the puzzle was checking my bank account to see how much money I actually had.. this was the worrying part because although I track roughly what i've spent, I often miss a few little things like recurring payments, so really I had no idea if I had £100 in my account or triple that. Anyway logged on.. and all was better than expected :)

That feeling of seeing your bank account in the state you expect, or even better than, is nice :p Often I find my self worse off than I was hoping for.

Money is so easy to manage, I don't see how people get into obvious debt so easily (by obvious, I'm excluding student loans ect). Simple fact, don't spend more than you make.

Money is so easy to manage, I don't see how people get into obvious debt so easily (by obvious, I'm excluding student loans ect). Simple fact, don't spend more than you make.

I wouldn't say it's easy to manage. It's very hard to predict how much money you are going to need for a given time. Bills can be higher than expected, your car insurance may go up or down, electricity/gas prices might hike up 15% etc.

For me it's more a case of, spend my money on stuff I need/want, then get a call from my friend saying they are going into town on Friday to celebrate a friends birthday.. well that can easily cost £50/60/70 - unless I want to become very unpopular and say no.

What about if your car breaks down, that could cost hundreds. Maybe you will get locked out of your house one day and have too call a locksmith, that is going to cost hundreds again (they charge a fortune).

Saying "Don't spend more than you earn" is a very obvious statement to make, but it is noway near that easy to live up too unless you earn a lot or have nothing else to think about. I do try to live by that saying myself, I set myself a weekly budget. I allow myself to go over it if I need an expensive item, but then I don't spend anything for the next few weeks to make up for it. But in normal cases I budget to a strict £52/week and thats that.

Back
Top Bottom