Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

The funny thing is, Samsung doesn't make their panels, they contract the work out to other companies to make panels under the Samsung name.

As far as I know that depends on the model. I know on my old Samsung 932bw+ the non + models had panels made by another OEM while the + had Samsung manufactured panels. Basically I was under the impression Samsung does use other manufacturers panels in their products as well as their own but they do in fact manufacture panels as well.

Samsung does manufacture all of their AMOLED displays in house and I believe the same is true for their PLS displays.

Depends on what you mean by "low signal"
If that signal's being bounced around a while before finding the pc or if there's other sources using the 2.4Ghz band (iirc pp's on a b network), then quality is gonna drop fast. Windows wireless indicates signal strength not quality (again, iirc. Seems logical) so yeah even on two bars you could get a solid connection, just depends on how clean that signal is.

If that signal's being bounced around a while before finding the pc or if there's other sources using the 2.4Ghz band (iirc pp's on a b network), then quality is gonna drop fast. Windows wireless indicates signal strength not quality (again, iirc. Seems logical) so yeah even on two bars you could get a solid connection, just depends on how clean that signal is.

Well I don't know about quality. I'm not sure if its because my iphone sucks or because its a bad quality signal, but even if I manage to get 2 bars in my room it wont connect, it fails to connect every time. I have to walk up the hall to connect, then back into my room and hope it doesn't drop.

Manufactures that get contracts to make panels for Samsung that end up with the Samsung tags are made to samsungs specs. They can't always keep up with demand, so they have to contract the work out sometimes. It's that way with most all manufactures.

Corning while they may make mostly glass products (gorilla glass mostly) also manufactures a HUGE amount of LCD panels for various companies, they had to shut down production one month here due to Samsung getting a contract requiring a rather large amount of displays to be produced.

Bingo :)

This connections speed can spike to 5Mb leading me to believe they have the top package our ISP delivers but this signal is just dirty. It has a little something to do with what I was saying in the "Network Guru's" thread.

Errr...hmm... awkward position.

I've been saving up for a couple of months now so I can afford to preorder the PS Vita, a few accessories and and a few games. I've got that all ready and set in stone for the Feb 22nd release date.

And now I hear accurate reports of Apple showing off it's iPad 3 in the 1st week of march :cry: Now I am in a very awkward position.. keep my PS Vita preorder which i've been really looking forward too, or keep the money and get the iPad 3. Do not like this situation one bit. If iPad 3 releases with retina display and quad core, ima be so very jealous.

Ofcourse I had budgeted £300 for PSV + Games and crap, £300 which is kind of "I can just about technically afford but probably *should* keep it" :p, and the iPad 3 is going to be £399.. So IDK..

One thing I would love to know, how much Samsung have made off the iPad.

They make the SoC, Screen and likely the memory components. In fact the iPad is probably more Samsung than it is Apple :p

One thing I would love to know, how much Samsung have made off the iPad.

They make the SoC, Screen and likely the memory components. In fact the iPad is probably more Samsung than it is Apple :p

I thought Lg made the display?

Back
Top Bottom