Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Today I finally got my new Dell U2312HM in, set up, and roughly calibrated. So far I am extremely impressed by the monitor and highly recommend it. The only downside to the displays quality is it makes my other two displays look bad.

The people who make Dells monitors must have nothing to do with the guys that make their PC's.. My dad has a 27" Dell IPS monitor from about 2 years back, and I agree, it's very impressive.

Are there not servers in Dallas ?

Using wi-fi to play games ins't an issue, I do it on my PS3 all the time. And you don't need 1.5Mb to play MP games. I play BF3 with a guy in the same village as me, he only has a 512kb DSL connection, but the ping is still good like mine, at around 30.
You are pretty much missing what I'm saying here. First of all, I'll post this to give you an idea of what I mean by Wifi.

wifi.jpg

When I hit the internet, that drops to 5.5Mb. So locally, I'm limited to 5.5Mb which gives me a noticeable snag in latency before I even hit the internet. If the upload is low enough it will cause all kinds of bouncing around which is obvious internet lag. You see this kind of **** all the time on Live with people trying to play on very limited connections. Just because my DL is good enough at 1.5Mb doesn't mean my UL will be just as fast. It is usually less than half for our ISP. My ping is between 12 and 50 just going to Dallas. Sure there may be servers in Dallas but I'm pretty sure not every one wants to limit their ping just to play with me. Since my friends here haven't paid for their copy yet I'm limited to the people I know online. If I go anywhere outside of Dallas like I already said, the game server pings go over 200. That isn't really bad at all, but with an upload so low I can't play that way. I'll just have to wait for my ISP's slow ass to get out here and turn us back on.

The people who make Dells monitors must have nothing to do with the guys that make their PC's.. My dad has a 27" Dell IPS monitor from about 2 years back, and I agree, it's very impressive.

Yeah, it's quite a drastic difference. Dell's warranty for Ultrasharp models is pretty awesome as well, I haven't seen anyone else that even comes close.

Dell doesn't make thier own panels anyways. I think Samsung makes them.

Some of them are Samsung but the one I have is an Lg e-IPS panel.

The funny thing is, Samsung doesn't make their panels, they contract the work out to other companies to make panels under the Samsung name.

You are pretty much missing what I'm saying here. First of all, I'll post this to give you an idea of what I mean by Wifi.

wifi.jpg

When I hit the internet, that drops to 5.5Mb. So locally, I'm limited to 5.5Mb which gives me a noticeable snag in latency before I even hit the internet. If the upload is low enough it will cause all kinds of bouncing around which is obvious internet lag. You see this kind of **** all the time on Live with people trying to play on very limited connections. Just because my DL is good enough at 1.5Mb doesn't mean my UL will be just as fast. It is usually less than half for our ISP. My ping is between 12 and 50 just going to Dallas. Sure there may be servers in Dallas but I'm pretty sure not every one wants to limit their ping just to play with me. Since my friends here haven't paid for their copy yet I'm limited to the people I know online. If I go anywhere outside of Dallas like I already said, the game server pings go over 200. That isn't really bad at all, but with an upload so low I can't play that way. I'll just have to wait for my ISP's slow ass to get out here and turn us back on.

I see.

I wouldn't of thought my PS3's wifi signal is much good, but it must be better than that I guess. It's at the other end of the house to the router, my iPhone only gets 1 bar. But it seems to work so what the heck.

My upload speed is nothing like my download speed, I think it's about 400kb. Can't say i've ever had any issues on any MP game though. If you play on something like CSS and look at outbound and inbound data rates, they're tiny. Only 10 or 20kb. Admittedly BF3 has a lot more going on though.

I guess your signal is just too low then, low signal does tend to give massive lag spikes.

Back
Top Bottom