Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Today I got an old 2005 era G5 quad running, because we have an old database that the accountants are too lazy to migrate to newer software.
Also got QEMU running on a copy of Fedora, gonna see if I can get some emulation going :S

damn imma go frow up..... mouff feels like it. *must**grit**teeth*

I just took a pill i gotta keep down..... arrrrggggg

yah know how hard it is to hold back puke urge omg yeah...

i gotta find a golden corral to puke in... cant hold back.....

i will post a review how easy it is to puke at golden corral on yelp look out for it ok... thank you.

Woo, Steam finally fixed this bug
"- Fixed cloud enabled games sometimes not launching until the client is restarted. Also fixed the Steam client showing a “Waiting for cloud sync” dialog at exit forever when in this state."
Been waiting forever for that one.

Totally considering trying to play BF3 on this connection. It's Wireless B but I can download at 250KB/s and upload at 150KB/s....hmmm. Time to test ping.

1759270745.png

BF3 would work great on that.

Re: Today I have...

Corrisive how much do you think you might total this ladies bill here ?
Kid dropped the laptop, you spend atleast 12 hours trying to diagnose wtf went wrong.
You have to call Tech-support and see what they can do, you shop for a new hdd.
Have it shipped to you, repair the laptop, reinstall windows, and hope she is atleast greatfull for you busting your ass to make sure her computer functions like a mercedes benz.

I know we are in bad time in this economy problem, but I dont think she will be happy when you hand her a bill for more 200.00.

Hdd cost + labor based on your terms= Parent Going Alien 2 on the kid later on. :D

I did most it under warranty, till I saw that SMART had particular events recorded, then I said screw it, I am charging $50 if I can get it working, if not shes buying a new one. In the end she bought my dinner and I just dealt with it.

Took a combo of Spinrite, HDD Re-generator, Chkdsk /r, then defrag to get that system back to normal in that order. I spent about 5 hours on it in the end, the rest of the time was just the software running for ever. If you think chkdsk /r takes a long time, try spinrite in mode 4.

I did warn her that next time she was buying a new drive because of where the bad sectors are, and how many she had that was caused from being dropped, so she better make sure that the laptop doesn't leave a desk.

Back
Top Bottom