Potentially the longest thread in history...

kinda just waitin on more coffee and for everyone in the house to decide what movie we watchin for the nite...

I've been watching films everyday now.. spent £75 on iTunes for my Apple TV since christmas. I would just pay £5/mo for Netflix, but the quality isn't anywhere near as good and it keeps buffering. It's just far too easy, I can be watching a film in good quality in probably 10 seconds after deciding i'm bored.

you might be a redneck if you get in a fight over whether directtv or dish network are best....
How does HD service have anything to do with being a redneck?

Never had experience with Uverse, so I won't defend it, or attack it. As for Dish Network not installing stuff correctly, I also wouldn't know. I installed my dish myself. Oh, I know, breaking the rules.. Well, $250 to come out and do what I can do myself for free in 1/2 hour, they can kiss my ass.

I couldn't agree more. I've had Dish since being at home, and NEVER have we had an issue with it. My aunt has DirecTV, and she has them out all the time. As far as the picture is, I'm a bit of a videophile, and if the picture isn't damn near perfect, it will annoy me beyond belief, and our picture is flawless. I mean, I have a $3000 tv sitting in my living room, and I wouldn't buy that nice of a tv if I didn't know my TV service would do it justice.

Neither DirecTV nor Dish hold a candle to the local cable companies service. And ever the picture quality is debatable. Though, I can settle for Dish when it means saving $150/month.

I don't know where you live, but our cable company is really good (for being a local company), but it is sooooo much more expensive.
You can have DirecTV out to your house for many things besides simple service. If you have a question about your remote and they can't explain it over the phone they will send somebody out. If the signal drops out it could be many different things that could be effect by either company if not properly installed.
1: Dish is swaying in the wind, monopoles not installed, or lazy tech installed in a bad area.
2: Area dish is mounted could be getting old causing the dish to move easier in the wind.
3: Dish mount not level anymore can cause azimuth, tilt, and elevation to be off despite having good db off the 101.
4: If the dish is older, there could be a line of site issue with trees.

If any of these are problems and the installer that comes out doesn't fix it, then he is just a lazy sob and needs to be fired. Then again, you will get these guys from both sides. My argument between Dish, Direc, and Uverse is simply picture quality and service. There can be *******s from all 3 companies. Where I personally live, there is no cable. I see all 3 on a daily basis though.

Companies exist outside the US, you know ?

Just joking, I realise what you thought I meant. I meant 'they' meaning satellite tv providers. In the UK's case, BSkyB.
Sky Products - Discover a world of entertainment with Sky
BSkyB - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We are somewhat behind on providing HD content. You had HD satellite 4 years before us. Though you use NTSC which sucks, so who cares :grin:
I thought you meant literally DirecTV. They don't service anywhere outside the US.

Trotter you know a thing or two about cars. My sister just drove about 5 miles, and had to stop for 15minutes because her car was overheating even though it was like 30F outside. She has an exam in a few days and needs a temporary fix that will last atleast 2 hours worth of driving (1 hour there, 1 hour back)

Any ideas ?
Thermostat, water/anti-freeze level, or rad. First thing I would check is the level. If the water level is low check to see if it is leaking anywhere if you put more water in it. If that isn't it, next thing to do is just check the thermostat. Sometimes they can get stuck shut and cause the car to overheat. Not really a quick fix for an over heat besides the heater trick which only 90% of the time works.

Re: Today I have...

Today my computer took it's final breath, she has been having issues as of late with freezes, thought for sure it was SSD, then thought for sure it was dust issues.

Turns out the motherboard was dieing, one of the VR's failed, fried the CPU it appears, as my AM3 board wont POST with it in.

Slowly recovering some of my data and going to be going to my "new" server which has a very slow AM3 Sempron 145, sucks going from an x2 6000+ to a deneb 940, back to a sempron 145 :( :'(
Didn't think it was the SSD.

the majority of people I know that have satellite tv since they live out in the sticks and they can't get cable. LOL....

high probability of rednecks in said areas...

Back
Top Bottom