Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Today my computer took it's final breath, she has been having issues as of late with freezes, thought for sure it was SSD, then thought for sure it was dust issues.

Turns out the motherboard was dieing, one of the VR's failed, fried the CPU it appears, as my AM3 board wont POST with it in.

Slowly recovering some of my data and going to be going to my "new" server which has a very slow AM3 Sempron 145, sucks going from an x2 6000+ to a deneb 940, back to a sempron 145 :( :'(

Have you tried to RMA the 940? You might get lucky.

What board did you have?

Today my computer took it's final breath, she has been having issues as of late with freezes, thought for sure it was SSD, then thought for sure it was dust issues.

Turns out the motherboard was dieing, one of the VR's failed, fried the CPU it appears, as my AM3 board wont POST with it in.

Slowly recovering some of my data and going to be going to my "new" server which has a very slow AM3 Sempron 145, sucks going from an x2 6000+ to a deneb 940, back to a sempron 145 :( :'(

I see, well I have been debating this for awhile since amd released the fm1 and am3+ cpu's last year.
Since my phenom ii is finally not being used, I will go ahead and give it to you and the mobo with ram following later on.
No, you dont have to give me any big bucks for the parts, however I do ask for 8.00 priority mail shipping to get it to you by late friday.

I guess one of my wishes came true after all during the holiday break, someone I can really help out in need again. ;)

I've got a $40 NewEgg gift certificate I can give you, mate. There's nothing I really need right now so it is just sitting here.

That's one possibility. I would also check the water hoses and see if they are hot. If the thermostat has froze/stuck then the hose from the engine to the radiator will not be hot or have water flowing through it.

She can try running the heater full blast to help cool the engine. The heater core is just a small radiator that uses the cooling system as its heat source. When I run mine my heat gage stays on the cool side instead of the mid-range like it normally does.

Thanks i'll let her know.

My.... Oh my... :')

Anyways, I have sent a request on an RMA for the cpu, but newegg wont take it, so I am going to try with AMD directly. The motherboard was a Biostar TA790GX A2+ that didn't ship with a heatsink on the mosfets. I think the dust buildup caused some issues and when I went to clean it, a solder joint may have come loose. I have to look a bit closer.

Mike, what board/RAM is that? If you don't care, PM me.

Back
Top Bottom