Potentially the longest thread in history...

They don't even transmit 1080p here. But the 720p stuff looks very good considering. The signal drops out less than once a year, and never for more than a few minutes.

On the plus side there are 240 channels free with about 200 more if you buy the addon packs.
DirecTV isn't offered outside of the US o_0
Or were you talking about Dish?

The only time our service fails is when 1) our house gets struck by lightening and fries the box (and tv and blu-ray player..) 2) when snow covers the dish. Which is nobodies fault. DirectTV has the same issues here. Elements are rough.

Quality and service is worse for strictly TV. I have family members with Uverse and have had Uverse before. It is utter crap when a hard line service drops the way it does. DirecTV techs are by instruction by DirecTV directly to have enough signal in extreme weather to have clear uninterrupted HD which is why you pay an arm and a leg. Besides, a single HDDVR is 50/m and I hardly call that an arm and a leg for service that isn't supposed to drop. Their 1080 quality is so much better too. I should also mention I'm not defending them because I'm an employee, but simply because I have seen the difference multiple times in person between each service around here. I have also seen the shoddy work Dish leaves behind and the crap materials they use. I did a job where the dish was mounted to 3 concrete small blocks and left on the ground. They told the lady it'll work "forever" like that long as they don't move it.

Never had experience with Uverse, so I won't defend it, or attack it. As for Dish Network not installing stuff correctly, I also wouldn't know. I installed my dish myself. Oh, I know, breaking the rules.. Well, $250 to come out and do what I can do myself for free in 1/2 hour, they can kiss my ass.

Never had an issue with Dish Network. We have had issues with the company they contract that installers out of but I hardly call that Dish Networks fault the local installation company has a bad employee.

As for our HD, flawless. As for our service pretty damn good.

We have been on Dish since 1995 and have never had issues. We lived in a place where it was Satellite or nothing.

I couldn't agree more. I've had Dish since being at home, and NEVER have we had an issue with it. My aunt has DirecTV, and she has them out all the time. As far as the picture is, I'm a bit of a videophile, and if the picture isn't damn near perfect, it will annoy me beyond belief, and our picture is flawless. I mean, I have a $3000 tv sitting in my living room, and I wouldn't buy that nice of a tv if I didn't know my TV service would do it justice.

Flawless, but since you have been with them since 95 I suppose you wouldn't know the difference huh? ;)

I'm just speaking with experience and voicing my opinion on what I've seen first hand vs the 3 companies. I would never get either, just saying that the 1080 HD quality for DirecTV has been the best I have seen on many different screens compared to Dish and Uverse. Dish and DirecTV both have their own in house and subcontractors (like me). I have heard from many of my own customers how lowsy Dish was to them from the home company. Then again, a lot of people exaggerate when they get mad.

Neither DirecTV nor Dish hold a candle to the local cable companies service. And ever the picture quality is debatable. Though, I can settle for Dish when it means saving $150/month.

I agree with DirecTV being superior. We have ha it for several years and the picture quality is simply excellent. I know plenty of people with cable and their picture is horrible in comparison and it is also more expensive.

I don't know where you live, but our cable company is really good (for being a local company), but it is sooooo much more expensive.

DirecTV isn't offered outside of the US o_0
Or were you talking about Dish?

Companies exist outside the US, you know ?

Just joking, I realise what you thought I meant. I meant 'they' meaning satellite tv providers. In the UK's case, BSkyB.
http://www.sky.com/products/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bskyb

We are somewhat behind on providing HD content. You had HD satellite 4 years before us. Though you use NTSC which sucks, so who cares :grin:

dish network does support self-installs. my parent's first dish network system was done this way.

but thier latest system (they moved) was done with an installer. she was awesome. she brougt her kids with her and me, my sister, and her two kids (ages 11 and 15 I think) went to look at the caves on my parent's property. she was very good as well. install was free even with two dishes (one for international channels at different angle) and was done in 1 hour even with wonky conditions.

Anyone looking for DDR2 800 RAM? Going to sell my OCZ Reapers DDR2 800 RAM very, very soon n i thought about stopping by here on tech-forums for anyone who is interested.

I've come to the conclusion that the mic on the Vengeance 1500 sucks, I guess it's supposed to be noise cancelling but it CONSTANTLY picks up static. Everyone I've talked to on vent or similar programs complains about the static.

Back
Top Bottom