Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

what a load of hassle, only just built my PC just to send back the motherboard a couple of weeks later. :( if I have to send it back I will probably wait until I get my new CPU cooler so I can install it all at once. What about windows? Will I have to call Microsoft if Asus give me a replacement motherboard as I only bought an oem license.

Also would a short cause the back USB ports and the ports built on the case to stop working?

probably im pretty sure it has warranty. I only bought it at Christmas.

What do you mean by "probably" ?
If you bought it new, go online for now and register your motherboard.
Like slay said, give that motherboard a bios update "tonight" if you have a spare 10 minutes.
Just by looking at your whole problem, it sounds like your original default bios is ****ty. :\
Check the manufacturers notes, to see if they say anything about disbaled features in certain revisions and fixes.

If all else fails, call them at 9:00am in the morning, and talk to the lead tech support group.
You should be able to mail it to them same day and they will take a week, to dig you up a new mobo and send it.

would do it all now but it's 10 to 12 and im in bed posting from my phone, I will do everything tomorrow, update bios, register motherboard etc. I bought the motherboard new and it had a two year warranty from the website (pixmania) and might have had a seperate one from Asus, i will check tomorrow.

Edit: it definitely has a two year warranty

If they give you the same board back then it wont make a difference to Windows besides the ports working. I would just try everything I could before sending it back.

My Asus mobo, the P8P67 Deluxe (which is quite similar to the Sabertooth), has two different usb controllers. Make sure they are both enabled in the bios. If you installed the drivers and one of the controllers was disabled in the bios then you'll have to install the driver for it when you enable it.

When you go to Device Manager>Universal Serial Bus controllers it should look similar to mine.

devicemanagerf.jpg

Thanks slaymate I will try tomorrow and let everyone know how I get on, from memory I think I had most of the same things as you, I definitely had the renesas and Intel ones and I think the top two.

I absolutely hate my setup, my old chair broke so im left with one of them kitchen/counter chair things with no back just a hard round seat. Plus there is a shelf blocking my tv so I can't push it further back on the desk leaving me hardly any room for keyboard and mouse. I ended up moving my tv to the floor everytime I wanted to play PC and then move it back for watching tv.

The floor is more comfortable (using my bed as a backrest) than my chair and desk although my legs do hurt a bit aftr.

Forgot to mention there is a load of crap on the desk ranging from food and drinks to books, stationary even tapes like the lion king and Oliver in company (awesome film :p) from when I was like 2 are sitting on the shelves.

And my Xbox, controllers, mixamp and headset.

However getting a loft conversion soon (around march I believe) so will have a new desk, chair and room :)

Back
Top Bottom