Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Today I came up with a New Year's resolution, which is to learn to play this

I can play it on guitar lol. Today I'm going to try and clean up this house but I feel 10x worse than I did yesterday. This house needs a good cleaning though.

Well I'd disagree that animals have 'feelings' as such, most mammals have some form of emotion but it's based more around instinct than what we'd think of as human emotion. Most of the emotion we see in animals is those we've domesticated (particularly dogs), which have developed to more easily convey how they're feeling to us. There are also times where we're just (falsely) attributing human emotions to animals, such as hamsters ('he's sad!' Er, no, they don't quite have the mental capacity to be 'sad'.). But just because animals don't have a form of emotion we can understand, doesn't mean they don't have it.
Also, you're a **** if you kill elephants.

If you're familiar with the OSI model that's a sort of good analogy. There's the Physical layer at the bottom - in this case that would be something hitting the pain receptors. Then as that signal gets to the brain you add another layer for the processing of it, and then another for the 'feeling' of hunger, and another for the sharing of it (a 'social' layer of a kind). The more complex animals and their social structures get, you have more layers. For some it's just the basic physical instinct-response (like a fly) which would just be a couple of layers, whereas humans have a much more complex emotional construct, with more layers.

At least, that's how my very spatially-oriented brain organises it. Could be completely wrong :p
I'm just quoting to continue the convo, but the same kinda people who think animals have no feelings also think pit bulls are the most vicious thing on the planet. They think that the animal comes out of its mom thinking time to kill. Completely wrong. Male cats tend to spray on your bed when you **** them off. That's a feeling. My dads bird used to **** on the very side of cage to make the poop go outside on the floor when she felt neglected and would stop doing that the instant he gave her attention. You should see the way my dog sulks around when I'm mad at him or I raised my voice. He even knows when he did wrong and when I wake up he will slowly come around with his head down barely wagging his tail. It's freakin funny but then I realize **** what did he do..... :|

I'm just quoting to continue the convo, but the same kinda people who think animals have no feelings also think pit bulls are the most vicious thing on the planet. They think that the animal comes out of its mom thinking time to kill. Completely wrong. Male cats tend to spray on your bed when you **** them off. That's a feeling. My dads bird used to **** on the very side of cage to make the poop go outside on the floor when she felt neglected and would stop doing that the instant he gave her attention. You should see the way my dog sulks around when I'm mad at him or I raised my voice. He even knows when he did wrong and when I wake up he will slowly come around with his head down barely wagging his tail. It's freakin funny but then I realize **** what did he do..... :|

I really hate that feeling.. Its like ahh, then ****!

AreYouKiddingMeBlackSS.png

MFW I just realized my only day off is probably going to go out to cleaning this mess every week as some people are incapable.

lol yeah one of my dogs, Milly, she occasionally poops on the carpet, so when I get up in the morning, go downstairs and she's got that HIDE mentality. It's like, I walk into the room and see her dive under the table :p "What did you do....?"

lol yeah one of my dogs, Milly, she occasionally poops on the carpet, so when I get up in the morning, go downstairs and she's got that HIDE mentality. It's like, I walk into the room and see her dive under the table :p "What did you do....?"
It's so great because you know as soon as you say "WHAT DID YOU DO!!" they freakin cower. Then later on you're like awwww hahaa.

Back from the beach. Ended up getting about 2 hours sleep last night, but meh for some reason I still feel full of energy! ftw!

Today I'm gonna get in some more practice time with my knives, play some WFAS and BF3, then chill with a mate tonight.

Back
Top Bottom