Potentially the longest thread in history...

Untitled-1.jpg

Yeah, that kind.

My older brother attached some guitar strap buttons to my guitar (the original one on the bottom had snapped off, it was like that before my brother won it at a fair :p) and got me a guitar strap. :D

A little difficult trying to do what I used to do when I just sat and played...

Re: Today I have...

Considering the fact that it is a first gen, still runs, still hasen't degraded performance, and rarely acts up I'd say it is still a great drive. Just for the record, I have had more problems with mechanical OS drives in the past than I have with this single SSD I've had for years. Nobody is ever saying it is the most stable storage medium, but it is the fastest and its speed makes up for anything that might "go wrong".

Also, this little problem was probably my fault as I thought I shut my computer down instead of putting it to sleep and when it didn't boot just flipped the PSU switch. This caused it to corrupt making this my fault and not the SSD's fault (or rather mine and Windows).

I had done that before, windows just asks me if i want to boot up in safe mode or start normally...
working with the indilinx barefoot controller. (OCZ Agility Gen 1)

I don't see this mentioned in the news section.
just a heads up in case anyone missed it.

Western Digital – Effective date on January 2nd, 2012.
Desktop and Mobile (Blue and Green family lines) change from 3 years to 2 years. Black product line will remain at 5 years warranty. Enterprise class products stay at 5 years warranty.

Product Line Limited Warranty Period
(as of January 02, 2012)
Desktop & Mobile – WD Blue and WD Green 2 years

Seagate – Effective date on December 31, 2011.
Major Desktop and Mobile products change from 2 years to 1 years and 5 years to 3 years. Most of the Enterprise class product will be reduced warranty period from 5 years to 3 years.

Product Line Limited Warranty Period
(as of December 31, 2011)
Constellation®.2 and Constellation® ES.2 3 years
Barracuda® and Barracuda® Green 3.5” Drives 1 year
Barracuda® XT 3 years
Momentus® 2.5” Drives (5400 RPM & 7200 RPM) 1 year
Momentus® XT 3 years
SV35 Seriesâ„¢ - Video Surveillance 2 years
Pipeline HD® Mini, Pipeline HD® 2 years

and it doesn't look like prices are going to go down anytime soon in 2012.

PS
Don't even say you'll stick to Samsung or Hitachi drives.

Yea like I was saying in the other thread, these companies are milking this for everything it's worth. WD said they had 9 out of 10 plants up and should have full production rollin in around the end of the year yet here we are with them saying prices probably wont go back down until around 2013. Think the easy way to prove this is to look at the rise in prices in enclosures and such.

Back
Top Bottom