Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

never attach to a house untill you have the keys in your hand.

I've managed to do that with the previous 40 that we've looked at. This one just grabbed me since it fit *every* category we were looking for. Plenty of bedrooms, taxes aren't a total killer, bus stop at the end of the driveway, etc etc etc... I'm killing myself thinking about it. Must. Stay. Busy.

I've managed to do that with the previous 40 that we've looked at. This one just grabbed me since it fit *every* category we were looking for. Plenty of bedrooms, taxes aren't a total killer, bus stop at the end of the driveway, etc etc etc... I'm killing myself thinking about it. Must. Stay. Busy.

I hope it goes through for you. Fingers crossed.

Got a job.

Congrats. Any hints on where?

I hope it goes through for you. Fingers crossed.

Congrats. Any hints on where?

Cool; anything good or just to get you along?

Thanks. To add to the "what I did today" list, we signed the dreaded stack of papers putting in the offer on the place. Should know by tomorrow night...

Very nice! What kind of job?
I don't know for certain if this is what I'll stick with because right now it's a rough start and I haven't even started yet. I'm working for a company who is contracted by 2 companies who are contracted by DirecTV to do install work. So basically I'm independent with a bunch of other guys and the more you work the more you get paid is the gist I'm getting. So far I'm not liking the things I'm hearing but a buddy of mine said contract work is great and rural DirecTV is sustainable (since they want 30 more installers by the end of the year, I can believe this). He says I wont be disappointed, so here's hoping.

I don't know for certain if this is what I'll stick with because right now it's a rough start and I haven't even started yet. I'm working for a company who is contracted by 2 companies who are contracted by DirecTV to do install work. So basically I'm independent with a bunch of other guys and the more you work the more you get paid is the gist I'm getting. So far I'm not liking the things I'm hearing but a buddy of mine said contract work is great and rural DirecTV is sustainable (since they want 30 more installers by the end of the year, I can believe this). He says I wont be disappointed, so here's hoping.

Best of luck to you!

wow. good luck.... do they have vehicle arrangements though??? do they help pay for gas and insurance???

Back
Top Bottom