Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Finishing the week's work on a thursday ftw! Long weekend of watching TV serieses and drinking beer ahead, me gusta.
I'll be finishing work on Wednesday next week too, going for a quick holiday down south. Plenty of chilling/fishing/swimming to be had :D awesome

All in all, pretty happy right now. Especially cause I forgot there was no work on Friday (tomorrow) until I got reminded by a coworker today. PSYCHED!

Re: Today I have...

My BF3 arrived today. I got home and installed it... and it won't launch. At all.

Joy.

BF3 gives me an error message almost every time I start it. I've repaired the install multiple times as well. However usually origin still opens up Firefox and brings me to the multiplayer website where I can join in a match but it takes about 5 minutes to actually get in the game.

Why does EA need to make us use this crappy beta program origin to play a great game like BF3.

I'm just kinda tired of this mentality that if a game is linear, it's automatically crap. So what if it's linear? For years games were linear, there weren't that many sandbox games, but now all of the sudden it doesn't matter. Sometimes I like to sit down and play a good linear game with a good story, like L.A. Noire.

Also, interestingly enough, Mass Effect 2 is just as linear as L.A. Noire, yet it's a much better game? There's no sandbox at all in that game, you can explore areas a little but all it does is get you some side quests or some extra things to purchase. L.A. Noire is pretty much the same: you drive to your destination in a giant city, having the option of taking little side quests, which are always a little different. The only reason Mass Effect 2 feels "bigger" is because you can explore different solar systems and mine planets everywhere.

I have no problem with linear.
And i have no problem with openworld.

What i hate is open world games which may as well be totally linear because the world is empty with nothing to do.

Probably why i don't like the Mass Effect series at all either. Kind of open world, yet it's empty and boring. Then again i loved rage and that was kind of open world with nothing to do.. i dunno, that is perhaps an exception to the rule because i found the core game play so good.

Back
Top Bottom