Potentially the longest thread in history...

There was a table I saw, I'll see if I can find it again. Found this with a 2 second google lol
Samsung Galaxy S2 vs iPhone 4S: Specs, features, price comparison

edit: also found a chart from Samsung comparing the two, but the wording makes me barf, it's so biased lol.

Pretty much what you need to do is get a hands-on with both devices. See which one feels best to you, don't worry too much about app feature set because they both match up pretty well with each other, or if they don't then 3rd party apps are available which bring them to par.

On the hardware side, S2 has better screen (seriously, I get shivers down my spine whenever I see it :p me gusta), *slightly* faster CPU (but negligible), and possibly more ram but that's up in the air until someone dissects the 4S. iP4S probably has better camera, from what I've seen pics are pretty amazing. Moar same-time-same-place tests need to be done there though, as well as 'normal' users taking some pics and posting them up.

Re: Today I have...

Did a light 5 mile run in the morning and then I spent the rest of the day fiddling and overclocking this EVGA 750i FTW motherboard. It is such a witch to work with. It's 4AM and I'm still messing around with it. My passion for overclocking is coming back with a vengeance. So far I got this Q9550 to 3.825GHz and trying to get it to stabilize. Had my RAM at 900MHz but had to bring it back down to default 800 because I found out that this mobo doesn't like high speed RAM. I guess that doesn't matter. Not a major jump anyway. Right now I'm stressing 100 loops of IBT on it. So far so good, I'll see what happens by lunch time, hopefully. Also did a little OC on my GTX 560 Ti. 950/1900/2100. Hoping for a stable 1000 on the core.

And during that whole time I couldn't use my main computer I've been exploring Puppy Linux on my secondary PC. I like it so far. Running everything off a flash drive, only like 150MB. It's great for bringing older computers back to life for the purpose of browsing the internet and basic work. I've gotten all my media to work the way I want it to, to keep me entertained. I've also been checking out Windows 8. It's definitely flashy and eye-candy but I can't say that I'm going for it. Still have to find the ins and outs of how to do things around it.

Actually when the guy from Epic Games was talking about the 4S he mentioned 512mb RAM, disappointingly.

iOS is a much lighter OS than android, it needs nothing like the CPU power to run well. Thats why the IP4 is still pretty much as responsive as most top end Android sets.

Lol don't have 'em anymore but it was just gonna be the usual:

iPhone
Pros: Simple, good customer service (generally speaking), good feature list, good battery life, responsive, good hardware, great build quality.

Cons: proprietary software (itunes), proprietary OS, hardware is extremely difficult to service, draconian app store, changes that aren't allowed by Apple require you to void warranty to achieve, price (at least in AU), too breakable.

SII
Pros: Customisable, good feature list, great hardware, good build quality, responsive, no proprietary software needed (i.e connect as mass storage device)
Cons: More involved initial setup, can't update OS when it's released until Samsung is ready, higher learning curve, battery life could be better.

The S2 actually has very good battery life, 3g talk time is even better than the iPhone 4.

I'm just going by what a couple mates of mine have told me, to be fair they're pretty big geeks :p and as such use the **** out of their phones, i.e use moar power than the average user would.

Okay, apparently it wasn't at the farm that they shot it. It was at a different boy's house. Apparently they're neighbors with the cat owner. And the cat survived it, actually. They found it eventually. How the **** does a cat survive three gun shots, by the way?

(The news coverage that led me to believe that it was at one of the farms was extremely misleading.)

In other news: One of the best athletes at my school is also obsessed with RPGs and plays WoW.

Not what you would expect, right?

Okay, apparently it wasn't at the farm that they shot it. It was at a different boy's house. Apparently they're neighbors with the cat owner. And the cat survived it, actually. They found it eventually. How the **** does a cat survive three gun shots, by the way?

(The news coverage that led me to believe that it was at one of the farms was extremely misleading.)

In other news: One of the best athletes at my school is also obsessed with RPGs and plays WoW.

Not what you would expect, right?
Exactly why I don't watch the news.

Back
Top Bottom