Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Yeah thats not an exageration at all :confused:

Cloud, Rain, Snow, Cold.

Thats a perfect description of the UK!

I'd love to move there but you know what people say about british cooking...... I'm big on food..... I would starve there if it's really as bad as they say it is......

Plus the whole thing about the "big brother" thing....

what recession???? there is none... all made up by the **** tea party and the tinfoil hatters.... telling people to save, save, save... but that's gonna bite them in the end...

see when people don't buy things from the stores, the stores loose money and lay people offf

the people that are laid off got no money.... nobody's hiring because they can't afford to pay people becuase nobody's buying anything....

thus the system crashes. but people end up with nothing.

stupid people and thier "recession" BS. it's all lies.

and if you bought too much with money that wasn't yours like credit cards and loans then you don't have my sympathy.

that's how I see it.....

that goes for the people in cali that got a mortgage on a mansion they didn't need and no way could afford on thier salary..... and then got bently's and lexus's and hummers and whatever on credit....

I lived on a rode that was my last name.. The county let us name it :).

My road should have my last name. Years ago (I was a kid) the road was to be officially named. My collective family had put together the paperwork for it to be named as there were more Trotter's up here than any other family. The second most populous, the Watson's, put together their paperwork, too. when it came time for the county to name the road lo and behold the submission by the Trotter family was nowhere to be found. Of course, one of the Watson's also happened to be on the county road commission at the time... Yeah, I live on Watson Road.

I would have been happy had it been left what everyone around here called it from way back when it was first cut... Old Lee Hall Road.

what recession???? there is none... all made up by the **** tea party and the tinfoil hatters.... telling people to save, save, save... but that's gonna bite them in the end...

see when people don't buy things from the stores, the stores loose money and lay people offf

the people that are laid off got no money.... nobody's hiring because they can't afford to pay people becuase nobody's buying anything....

and if you bought too much with money that wasn't yours like credit cards and loans then you don't have my sympathy.

that's how I see it.....

that goes for the people in cali that got a mortgage on a mansion they didn't need and no way could afford on thier salary..... and then got bently's and lexus's and hummers and whatever on credit....

Are you saying the recession isn't real ?

I'd love to move there but you know what people say about british cooking...... I'm big on food..... I would starve there if it's really as bad as they say it is......

Plus the whole thing about the "big brother" thing....

News flash - just because our own food may not be to your liking, doesn't mean you can't get what you like. It's not all that bad anyway, we have some of the worlds best beef and cheese if you like that kind of thing. The only actual english meals i eat regularly are fish and chips and sunday roast.

We have a very similar diet to people in the US, e.g. Burgers, Pizza, lots of soda, Curry, Chinese, Steak, Spaghetti, Pasta. The only main difference between the US and UK in terms of diet is that we have a really bad binge drinking culture, but that's not really anything to do with food so yeah..

If you do come here, go to restaurants, and order the same food you would over there. Except buy 2 portions, as you have much bigger portions over there.

I'm not sure what your on about with Big Brother thing. Let me google that..
This ? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-Britain-has-grown-out-of-all-proportion.html

that's how I see it.....

I wasn't going to say recession.

Are you saying the recession isn't real ?

News flash - just because our own food may not be to your liking, doesn't mean you can't get what you like. It's not all that bad anyway, we have some of the worlds best beef and cheese if you like that kind of thing. The only actual english meals i eat regularly are fish and chips and sunday roast.

We have a very similar diet to people in the US, e.g. Burgers, Pizza, lots of soda, Curry, Chinese, Steak, Spaghetti, Pasta. The only main difference between the US and UK in terms of diet is that we have a really bad binge drinking culture, but that's not really anything to do with food so yeah..

If you do come here, go to restaurants, and order the same food you would over there. Except buy 2 portions, as you have much bigger portions over there.

I'm not sure what your on about with Big Brother thing. Let me google that..
This ? Big Brother Britain has grown out of all proportion - Telegraph

it's how the food was prepared not really what it is.... it's a running gag really LOL... even the anime series hetalia:axis powers makes fun of it sometimes....

I wasn't going to say recession.

ok..... but I felt to get that out anyways....

the area I live in is not affected much by this.... there are a couple new restaurants coming in and some new retail..... so that's a good sign for my area.

my state's govt put into place some kind of personal and fiscal responsibility measures back in the 80s...because of this it has a large positive balance of funds.

the worst my area has is a sag... there has been business closures, but some of them re-opened.....

Yeah we had our own road. 120 acres .5 mile "road" was really more our driveway so we got to call it Tinnell Road. AWESOME! and now forever it will be that.

Honestly can't explain my feelings right at this moment. I'm really ****ed off, scared, worried, excited, and disgusted all at the same time.

My mom wants to sell my dads car which was basically his legacy. It's no big deal or anything but it is something he held above anything else he owned. My mom and sister want to use the money to pay off their land so they don't have to worry about it anymore. This is all fine and dandy but the problem is he specifically said NOBODY else was to own the car after him. 3rd and final owner was his saying. The excuse why he didn't want to give it to either me or my sister was "I don't want either of you killing yourselves with it". The real reason I think is because he couldn't figure out who to give so decided nobody gets it. My mom admitted a few weeks ago that if I knew back then what I know now about cars that not only would it be fixed, but I'd be racing it for him. That got me to thinking a great deal. Tonight, I said what if I bought it? Long story short, she said she would sell it to me but for 20k. I want to buy it to keep the car in the family instead of letting some schmo joe take off with it. Realistically their asking price is way to high for the current condition of the car. What is disgusting to me is that they want to try and rip that much cash out of me completely disregarding the reason I want to buy it.

Back
Top Bottom