Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Finally found out why the WiFi at my house is so shoddy - my mum (who lectures computing at university, including mobile computing and security), has the network hide itself every ten minutes 'for security reasons', which ofc none of my wireless-capable devices (laptop and phone) are either set up to handle, or not able to handle it in the first case (same goes for anyone who visits).
So, whenever it hides its SSID, we lose connection until it appears again, or if we're lucky we can occasionally connect before then.

Can't wait 'til I have my own place. Though chances are that won't happen until after a year from now.

Anyone know sites to get good-quality t-shirts? Over here t-shirts tend to be much thinner (in both fabric quality and size) than their US counterparts, I've found, so I'm fine with US sites.

Re: Today I have...

Finally found out why the WiFi at my house is so shoddy - my mum (who lectures computing at university, including mobile computing and security), has the network hide itself every ten minutes 'for security reasons', which ofc none of my wireless-capable devices (laptop and phone) are either set up to handle, or not able to handle it in the first case (same goes for anyone who visits).
So, whenever it hides its SSID, we lose connection until it appears again, or if we're lucky we can occasionally connect before then.

Can't wait 'til I have my own place. Though chances are that won't happen until after a year from now.

Your mum is crazy..there is no need for that. Ask her why she doesn't park her car in the garage every 10 minutes to hide it from view.

Back
Top Bottom