Potentially the longest thread in history...

Anybody know of a way to set up splitscreen on PC? I know you can have multiple... instances(?) of the same game open at the same time, but I have to pause one to play with the other right now, and I know I can't control both at the same time as it is. Any solutions?

Random question time. When I manually turn the fan on my GTX 560 ti to 100% should it sound like my PC is about to lift off?
"Captain, we are prepped for lift off."
"Proceed as planned."
"Sir, yes, sir."
*tower flies up to the ceiling*
"Captain, we're having some difficulties?"
"What is the problem, soldier?"
"We seem to have hit some kind of barrier."

****, forgot to just edit my other post. -_-

"Captain, we are prepped for lift off."
"Proceed as planned."
"Sir, yes, sir."
*tower flies up to the ceiling*
"Captain, we're having some difficulties?"
"What is the problem, soldier?"
"We seem to have hit some kind of barrier."

With my luck it would just go right through the ceiling. ;)

And thanks for the reassurance guys. I figured it was ok but thought I would check for sure. I also looked at a video with the fan turned to different percentages and it was at about the same noise level.

Re: Today I have...

Made x86 and x64 W7 SP1 ISOs. It's surprisingly easy to make them act as any of the versions (home premium, pro, ult, etc.) or just to give you all the options during installation.

I had to work today. It was busy for a Sunday but not as bad as yesterday. Oy vay! Yesterday they rolled out an update for the main software used by the managers of one of our two divisions... a BIG one that jumped several versions. Half of the test systems we tried it on blew up when it installed, and if you tried to reinstall it , well, you ended up having to re-image the drive.

Anyway, the upgrade went fine on the servers. Then they emailed the password and the go-ahead for the managers to perform the upgrade (they already had step by step instructions with screen shots). Two minutes later the phones went nuts with calls from managers wanting us to walk them through the installation. So, what did we do? We read them the exact same instructions they were looking at. There were a bunch who actually called in that had installation failures and those we forwarded on to the head of that department (thankfully).

We had a few calls about the upgrade today from stragglers but nothing like the day before.

Btw, I see the occasional American say 'oy vay', or various spellings of it. What does it mean? I mean, I can tell from the context it's an exclamation of annoyance or exasperation, but I've never encountered it IRL.

Back
Top Bottom