Potentially the longest thread in history...

rofl "thaink it's a littl after eleven thurdy" XD nearly bust a gut at work (they already think I'm crazy so it's all good haha). Nearly bang on what I'd expect a southern accent to sound like, but not quite as extreme as I thought
Also, sweet! Love the scenery, heaviest snowfall I've been in was when I was in Germany, sprinkled down lightly for about 20 mins then stopped :p

edit: ten minutes later and the jokes about Americans are still going on behind me :grin: guess what they say about Aussies being kinda racist is true. But it's just fun racism, not hatin'!

Re: Today I have...

I didn't do all that well in my exams, but today I got myself into Coventry uni doing Ethical Hacking and Network Security. I was actually accepted into their general Computing course, but I noticed that in Clearing and it looks to be much more interesting :)

Oh many you don't know what you've gotten yourself into. Network Security...just call me when you want it all to be over, I'll make it look like you were trying to rescue a kidnapped child before things went horribly wrong.

rofl "thaink it's a littl after eleven thurdy" XD nearly bust a gut at work (they already think I'm crazy so it's all good haha). Nearly bang on what I'd expect a southern accent to sound like, but not quite as extreme as I thought
Also, sweet! Love the scenery, heaviest snowfall I've been in was when I was in Germany, sprinkled down lightly for about 20 mins then stopped :p

edit: ten minutes later and the jokes about Americans are still going on behind me :grin: guess what they say about Aussies being kinda racist is true. But it's just fun racism, not hatin'!
Ah, at least you said I don't have much of an accent.

I don't think my car is going to last long. Being a 1.4L engine with 75hp means it has to be driven hard to get any real pace out of it. Not because i want to drive like a dick, but in quite a few places you just have to put your foot right down.

E.g. Today, on a fairly busy and tight A road with a 60mph speed limit. There was some cyclists on my side, but the road is not wide enough to overtake them without going on the other side of the road. So i was crawling behind them at 15mph for about 2 minutes, finally there was a gap where i knew i could get through if i tried. So i put in 2nd gear, and pedal to the metal.. 2nd gear is the quickest accelerating gear in my car (well, 1st might be quicker, but what use is 1st), but by the time i was past them i was only about 700rpm off the red line :p I think i was doing about 45mph, which is **** high considering you normally really want to change to 3rd at 25 tops.

It was fun, but i'm not to sure it does the engine any good.

Back
Top Bottom