Potentially the longest thread in history...

Well you need to learn to cook, because Tesco's organic sirloin steak in the green packaging is just as tender and tasty as any steak ive had from a restaurant.
How too cook for a noob:

Take steak out package.
Season with salt, pepper, steak seasoning to your likeing.
Drizzle a neutral oil over it, e.g. Groundnut oil.
Get the frying pan super hot - this is very important. It has to be very very hot.
Put steak in pan, push it down firmly.
Leave steak, do not touch it and move it around for 2 to 4 minutes (time depends on how you like your steak, 2min per side is raw, 4 is pretty well done)
Flip steak, again, do not touch, and leave for a few minutes
A teaspoon of real butter to the pan (optional, but tasty)
Remove steak when it's cooked to your liking, cut off gristle and fat (optional)
Put in oven at coolest temperature (~50c)
Leave for 3 or 4 minutes
Cut steak, serve...

And If you chose a good steak with decent fat marbling - NOM NOM, absolutely delicious. Of course you probably will get a bad tough steak once in a while. But if you pay attention to what you pick, you can get a decent one atleast 80% of the time.

I can't speak for all supermarkets, but Tesco's meat can be very nice. Tesco's 'finest' range of aberdeen angus beef with sun dried tomatoes are probably the tastiest burgers I've ever had, too.

Talking about tesco's i went earlier for shopping, and they sell 4 'made in store' glazed ring doughnuts for the grand amount of £0.50......50p!!! this is a gift from god. You usually pay atleast 50p per item for the rest of there cooked in store junk food range.

Outta curiosity how much would said steak cost? Just compared cost to the butcher.

Re: Today I have...

Didn't really hurt. It just bleed a lot. I'd say 15-30% of my hand was covered. As well as a bit of my other hand and a few drops on my arm.

Yeah, that's plenty good to play MC with. You could even put it down to a dual-core for even less money.

Now, if I were to want to make a mid-range gaming PC, without OCing at all, would that be a good mobo?

Get 4GB of RAM, a 5770 or a GTX 460, and an AMD 945 or 955? (that kind of performance)

Nah, you'd probably want to go with someone more robust, and with DDR3, and with AM3+ support.

And I assume since it's a micro-ATX mobo that you'll be putting it in a micro-ATX case? If so I doubt you'll be able to fit a decent GPU in there.

Now, if I were to want to make a mid-range gaming PC, without OCing at all, would that be a good mobo?

Get 4GB of RAM, a 5770 or a GTX 460, and an AMD 945 or 955? (that kind of performance)

if you aren't overclocking, a motherboard is just a motherboard.
as long as it has enough usb ports, pci or pci-e slots for your accessories you are good to go.

that motherboard does not support ddr3 memory.

Yeah, I realized that after Yami pointed it out.

Strange thing is, I saw that mobo in a combo with a low-end CPU (that still somehow came out more expensive than buying them seperately), and it said it had DDR3 support. Same model. o_O

Yeah, I realized that after Yami pointed it out.

Strange thing is, I saw that mobo in a combo with a low-end CPU (that still somehow came out more expensive than buying them seperately), and it said it had DDR3 support. Same model. o_O

if you are looking at specs listed by Newegg, they may be wrong.
BIOSTAR :: N68S :: Specification

MEMORY
Support Dual Channel DDR2 400/533/667/800/1066(supported by CPU model) MHz
2 x DDR2 DIMM Memory Slot
Max. Supports up to 8GB Memory

remember DDR2 and DDR3 is not backwards compatible. physically it will not fit.

Back
Top Bottom