Potentially the longest thread in history...

The projector stills works, actually. There was the typical burning smell but it stayed on and usable, and still is. Specs are pretty crappy since it's like, six years old. 1024x768. Dunno much more about it than that. Now, the networkable (and unsecured) 1080p projector in the library. They'll be getting a surprise in there soon.

Re: Today I have...

Past few days have been a huge LAN and jam session. My house is a mess, my electric bill is gonna be high, and I was told we are completely on our own for food again. Great.

Thats brillaint. A projector bursts into flames and the first question a geek asks is what its specs were. Btw, about that whole income ppp thing.. List of countries by average wage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

USA Has it best, of course. I am surprised france, germany, sweden etc are so low. It still cracks me up when you guys from the US moan at fuel prices :p
Even if that was true, it was from 09. Things have gotten considerately worse in the past 2 years. That change we where promised, oh we got it. Our wallets are paying for it too. Trust me when I say most of this nation is really poor and the rest are livin it big till their money runs out.

Yes, it will work.

I think that's the only thing I would have had trouble with...

Now to find a way to get some money...
Can't drive by myself yet, so I probably couldn't get a job.
Don't get paid for chores.
Hm... I wonder if my neighbors need any help on their farm... :p

Wait... gah, ****, just re-checked how much my computer would need with that, and it looks like 430W wouldn't be enough.

Nvm, just re-checked again. It should work as long as I don't put in a second couple of RAM.

How do you check which version of a CPU you have? Do you have to open up the computer case, or is there some other way? (There's a 110W and a 89W version) I think I'll be good if it's the 89W, not so sure if it's the 110W.

Hm... strange, my two CPU's seem to be slightly OC'd...

The AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ are usually clocked at 2200 MHz, and mine are at 2310 MHz. I am planning on getting an ATi Radeon HD 4670 (putting all the things that might affect it in one spot). I'm not sure if I have 2 1GB sticks of DDR2, or 4 512MB sticks. I have one SATA drive (I think), and I'm betting it'd be the normal 7200 RPM. I have a DVD/CD combo drive. I have my keyboard and mouse hooked in by (and only by :p) USB. I don't know about any fans in the computer, and I want to keep this computer for a long time, so obviously going with the bare minimum at the start probably won't go well because of capacitor aging.

Even if that was true, it was from 09. Things have gotten considerately worse in the past 2 years. That change we where promised, oh we got it. Our wallets are paying for it too. Trust me when I say most of this nation is really poor and the rest are livin it big till their money runs out.

You're correct, but you do realise the vast majority of the world was and still is in a recession and not just the US ? The US came out of the recession before the UK did in fact.

I think you will find there are a lot of poor in most rich countries. I think the UK has a 23% poverty rate, the US's is 26%. So they're pretty close. But the fact remains, your GDP PPP is substantially higher and so is your average wage.

I don't understand why ya'll have such fuel inefficient cars, if it's so expensive, why not get a car which is 3x as fuel as efficient as the huge cars you guys use? Not moaning or trying to argue but it does somewhat confuse me. True, most of them are small. But they are adequate for most people, and bigger saloon type fuel efficient cars do exist. Volvo do an S40 which does over 70mpg.

Re: Today I have...

New avatar :) Android logo as Deadpool

epic.

Today I accidentally set my alarm 30 mins late :S bad because I had a mac to transfer data from before 7:45, and I only got into work at 7:26. Just finished it up 10 mins ago, could've been worse :p

The projector stills works, actually. There was the typical burning smell but it stayed on and usable, and still is. Specs are pretty crappy since it's like, six years old. 1024x768. Dunno much more about it than that. Now, the networkable (and unsecured) 1080p projector in the library. They'll be getting a surprise in there soon.

what brand was it? and the model please....

Back
Top Bottom