Potentially the longest thread in history...

When I see that argument it's normally 4 banger vs two strokes haha (4 banger being 4 stroke dirt bikes).

Unless that's not what you're talking about...

Re: Today I have...

But whats the point in keeping the network online if the workstations are offline? I think if you guys can get a propane powered generator that can keep all the more "critical" workstations online, along with the server rack and other varios equipment would be great.

But, a generator, and tie in kit that ties it directly into the buildings electrical system, that will turn on as soon as power goes out, can cost a decent bit. A 10Kw unit here, that runs on propane, and ties in will cost $15,000, after the install, the concrete pad is poured, the electrical work done, and the propane tank it self is installed.

But the benefit is you don't have to run around unplugging and plugging in equipment, and you can keep the generator going as long as you refill the tank, and propane tanks come in hundreds of sizes, ontop of being VERY efficient compared to a gas or diesel generator. Last I checked I can get a 15Kw unit alone for $10,000, plus the tie in junction box for $600, and a tank full of propane for $1400, the rest is labor, and electrical feed from and to the generator, along with a concrete slab. Yes, I have looked into buying one of these babies a few years back for the house as we would loose power for weeks in the summer or winter due to storms.

So we can initiate remote shutdowns and be notified if it's after hours. Parts of the network go down, but the main bulk of it stays up. Lol and I bet that generator will be 15k in the USA but probably more than double that here :facepalm:

Today I'm working alone, other admin has the day off. Should be fun :thumbsup: just waiting for the grumpy old man in the next office to leave for the day (he does half days) then imma crank some LoG :D

Anybody know of an online sound-based quiz for musical notes? I'm trying to memorize notes, and I want to make sure I'm not cheating myself unintentionally. >_>

I know a few 4cyl cars off the top of my head that will smoke a v8... Of course the v8 is stock and the 4cyl is heavily modified... The 4cyl still get better mpg.
After being modified the 4 bangers have just as bad of mpg as the V8s. Still though, put that same kinda money used to modifying the 4 banger into the v8 and it is still a clear winner. By just some small mods I can do to my 302 I can get 500hp out of it cheaply. Then, when start talking forced induction....it's laughable.

Back
Top Bottom