Potentially the longest thread in history...

For some reason the skins I downloaded in RocketDock aren't working, I apparently can't move the files into the Skins folder... :(

Re: Today I have...

But whats the point in keeping the network online if the workstations are offline? I think if you guys can get a propane powered generator that can keep all the more "critical" workstations online, along with the server rack and other varios equipment would be great.

But, a generator, and tie in kit that ties it directly into the buildings electrical system, that will turn on as soon as power goes out, can cost a decent bit. A 10Kw unit here, that runs on propane, and ties in will cost $15,000, after the install, the concrete pad is poured, the electrical work done, and the propane tank it self is installed.

But the benefit is you don't have to run around unplugging and plugging in equipment, and you can keep the generator going as long as you refill the tank, and propane tanks come in hundreds of sizes, ontop of being VERY efficient compared to a gas or diesel generator. Last I checked I can get a 15Kw unit alone for $10,000, plus the tie in junction box for $600, and a tank full of propane for $1400, the rest is labor, and electrical feed from and to the generator, along with a concrete slab. Yes, I have looked into buying one of these babies a few years back for the house as we would loose power for weeks in the summer or winter due to storms.

lol, because my mum does work for Nominet (a UK organisation to do with domains), she gets to pre-register a .xxx domain before they're publicly available here :D

Re: Today I have...

I worked about a half day, going to do some stuff to my boat, and then my mom is cooking a birthday dinner for me tonight.

Back
Top Bottom