Potentially the longest thread in history...

5:25 le alarm goes off
5:48 walk to the bus stop
5:56 the bus leaves
get to work at 6:46
noice.

Good thing is I get to go home at 2:42, beat the rush and have plenty of time left in the day. Also I love mornings, cold and clean and crisp and cool FTW!

Re: Today I have...

Common sense goes a long way, kmanmx, but even it cannot cover all variables. I scan everything I download even if it is from a rock-solid site as any can be hacked. I also have my AV set to watch for anything and everything as I am not a fan of reformatting and reinstalling very often.

Run without it if you prefer. I know people who drive without auto insurance, too. Anti-virus is just like auto insurance in that you only need it when something happens, and just like insurance it will cost you if you do not have it at that time.

Sorry but i can not help but say... or you could use a Mac :thumbsup: Hehe. Nah, i'm aware they can get virus's. Though it is a lot less likely according to apple. But then they would say that.

Thing is though, not once have i ever had to reformat for anything that wasn't my fault. I've never had a system crippling virus, or a really slow PC that forced a format.

It's winter in Australia! We're gonna FREEEEZE! o wait no we aren't...lewl...
pics taken 5 mins walk from my house
img1307dl.jpg

img1306t.jpg

img1305j.jpg

We had a number of employees asking us to fix Mac Defender problems these last few weeks, starting to quiet down on that front though now.

Today I have arrived at work with no lunch and no money to buy lunch. Yay.

I will be formatting/reinstalling tomorrow or the day after, but not because of any infections. I dread doing it but there is a reason for it.

I will be formatting/reinstalling tomorrow or the day after, but not because of any infections. I dread doing it but there is a reason for it.

Gotta hate reformatting. One of the biggest problems is my lame internet speed, if i could sync at 100mbps downloading all my stuff again wouldn't be so much an issue.

My DSL line is data capped at 40gb a month too which is also problematic after a reformat. Fortunately my ISP is pretty nice, i've had a letter twice this year that pretty much said word for word: "Oops ! You exceeded your data limit. We won't charge you for this unless the issue becomes a persistent problem. At which point we will automatically double your data allowance for £5 a month".

Not a bad deal if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom