Potentially the longest thread in history...

Currently going at 45mph with my mum on the motorway. There's a point where you just have to say "Mum, lorries are overtaking us. Please go faster."

Currently going at 45mph with my mum on the motorway. There's a point where you just have to say "Mum, lorries are overtaking us. Please go faster."

I don't think that sentence could get much more British. I had to read it a few times just to translate.

Although, you have a weird mixture. Why mph? Aside from 2 countries, the entire world uses km/h. Including Britain ;)

I don't think that sentence could get much more British. I had to read it a few times just to translate.

Although, you have a weird mixture. Why mph? Aside from 2 countries, the entire world uses km/h. Including Britain ;)

"Why won't this chap bugger off, my dear, now, back on our way, since we're out of petrol, let's take the trolley down to the pub and get a shandy, shall we?"

Is that British enough?

We're weird in the UK about our measurements. Officially we're metric, but all our road signs are in mph. Most people use feet to measure distance, and stone and lb to measure weight.

Re: Today I have...

Today my mouse decided to stop detecting movement on the vertical axis so I am in the market for a new one. Right now I am trying to decide between the Logitech G9x, G500 and the Microsoft Sidewinder X8 although I am still looking at other possibilities.

I cant believe you people fill there PC's with this crap.. AV's, Anti Spyware, PC cleanup software running on schedules, flash block, ad block. I mean wow.

FlashBlock i can get my head around, just about. But the rest ? I can't remember the last time i got a virus. My friend has antivirus, he used to use McAffee, i told him to transition to NOD32, and while better it causes so many problems. Whenever something doesn't work i turn off NOD32 for him and oh would you look at that.. **** works again.

And adverts, i see them once in a new moon. And to be totally honest i don't want to get rid of them. The majority of the small amount of adverts i see are about stuff i care about so i want them there anyway.

And don't even get me started on firewall. I have enough issues with ports on my router when playing games, i don't want to be messing around with a useless firewall as well.

Today my mouse decided to stop detecting movement on the vertical axis so I am in the market for a new one. Right now I am trying to decide between the Logitech G9x, G500 and the Microsoft Sidewinder X8 although I am still looking at other possibilities.

I have G500 it's a great mouse. I never thought i'd care about the Hyperscroll feature but honestly i find my self using it constantly even just web browsing. It's also fun to play with when bored, ha. Nice and comfy too. Personally i don't like high DPI so i use it on a low setting which i think was about 1500 to 2000dpi, can't remember exactly. But yeh it's cool, no whack negative acceleration and stuff either.

I have G500 it's a great mouse. I never thought i'd care about the Hyperscroll feature but honestly i find my self using it constantly even just web browsing. It's also fun to play with when bored, ha. Nice and comfy too. Personally i don't like high DPI so i use it on a low setting which i think was about 1500 to 2000dpi, can't remember exactly. But yeh it's cool, no whack negative acceleration and stuff either.

I'm leaning towards the G500 now since the Sidewinder has questionable build quality and I don't think I'd like the shape of the G9x.

I also thought about getting the MX518 since it is cheaper but it's also a downgrade from my current OCZ Behemoth.

Back
Top Bottom