Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

FF4 caused a BSOD and other problems.... updated my GPU driver and disabled GPU accel in FF to see if it helps... it all started when I went to youtube.... **** you adobe. flash is a POS.

I could go html5 youtube but I can't save the vids :( but it might have to do for now.

Are you sure you have no firewall, or are you using the default Windows Firewall?

applefunboy.png

Apple's market value is currently larger than Intel and Microsoft combined, they must be doing something right...

HOSTS file.... doo eeet and keep it updated (MVPS is the one I use). Also pay attention to the domains.... if they look stupid or have wierd suffixes don't go to em, instead block em with the hosts file. That's why I hate the new google images, they don't show domains unless hovered, a user will click on an image and get infected if they click before the hover loads..... bad idea google.... they should have had the domains underneath the images without needing to hover by default.

One of the sites that looked legit led me there.

Apple's market value is currently larger than Intel and Microsoft combined, they must be doing something right...
Because they double, triple, quadruple the price on their computers. And then people who think price = quality or fall into their advertisement scheme buy them up. :p

Finished blocking off windows in my house today then worked. Also got a letter from the county Sheriff office because some dumb ***** in my area likes to cause problems with people. Apparently we have "abandoned vehicles" and our grass is to tall. Hey, last time I checked I'm not part of the home owners association.

well there is an easy fix to one of those problems, CUT YOUR GRASS.

Ideas.inc, providing useful solutions to the problems of daily life.

Go buy me a weed eater and a lawn mower (actually a bush hog) and I will. The grass in our back yard is taller than me and I'm almost 6ft tall to give you an idea of what I'm dealing with. My mom bought a little 5hp push mower for their yard but she is facing the same problem. None of it is actually grass, it's all weeds taller than all of us. With our pay checks we can barely stay on top of our bills, let alone buying a riding lawnmower.

Well i never get virus's. And i dont have any AV or Firewall. So it's all about the user :p
Exactly.

Are you sure you have no firewall, or are you using the default Windows Firewall?
Using neither myself. Don't have a problem with that kinda stuff. Only time I use an AV is when I need to scan someone elses drive for infections.

We wont get into this again.

Using neither myself. Don't have a problem with that kinda stuff. Only time I use an AV is when I need to scan someone elses drive for infections.
I used to use neither, but my mum started using my desktop and if I don't have both on she's like 'OMG you have no AV I won't use this!'

Back
Top Bottom