Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Ehh, AFAIK, gun in glove box = concealed, gun in trunk, well, in metro areas your usually gonna get arrested if caught. But, there are also different laws for different types of guns, rifles they are a bit more lenient with compared to hand guns.

But as long as the gun is unloaded, in the case, and locked, they don't really care at all. It is the hazard of the gun discharging most cops are worried about. (Brother went to jail over a highly modified ak-47 discharging in his trunk, needless to say he was living in Tampa at the time.)

Found it, KRS 527.020

A firearm or other deadly weapon shall not be deemed concealed on or about the person if it is located in a glove compartment, regularly installed in a motor vehicle by its manufacturer, regardless of whether said compartment is locked, unlocked, or does not have a locking mechanism. No person or organization, public or private, shall prohibit a person from keeping a firearm or ammunition, or both, or other deadly weapon in a glove compartment of a vehicle in accordance with the provisions of this subsection. Any attempt by a person or organization, public or private, to violate the provisions of this subsection may be the subject of an action for appropriate relief or for damages in a Circuit Court or District Court of competent jurisdiction.

Here is a link to the law on the state web site. Section 8 is the part I quoted above that is relevant to storing guns in a glove box.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/krs/527-00/020.PDF

The unmarked vehicles here span the gauntlet. I have seen SUVs, 4x4s, pickups, sedans, compacts. Most don't have the spotlight on the post and none have external blues, and many do not even show government tags. Very few of them are used for traffic enforcement as my area is meth production capitol of the US and the unmarked vehicles allow them to scout an area without alarming the idiots cooking the stuff.

Very true. It is only very recently that fuel efficiency has been mentioned. I always have to laugh at the Dodge Ram radio spots that emphasize the "20mpg" when that is the highway mileage. We actually went looking at some vehicles this weekend (Kia) as my wife's Expedition is putting a hurt on us with gas (she is using more than double what I am using and driving a shorter distance). The gas savings could cover a car payment...

20mph. LOL. You could NOT advertise that over here. You can't even advertise 30mpg. Most cars here do 35 or 40+. If it's anything less, it's officially a gas guzzler :p

20mph. LOL. You could NOT advertise that over here. You can't even advertise 30mpg. Most cars here do 35 or 40+. If it's anything less, it's officially a gas guzzler :p

Welcome to America! :D

Thanks for the link on that, now I know I can have my gun in my glove box, and when a cop decides to play search the kids car, I can just pull that out :D

I'm happy that my truck gets about 17-18mpg HIGHWAY. City is different at about 12-14 mpg.

I highly doubt that. When your engine size gets smaller you have to pay the consequence of the work load being higher because that smaller engine still has to pull the same weight as a bigger engine that uses less energy. Then, if you add AC to the mix it takes even more. I think in the end most fuel economy cars realistically get between 25 and 32mpg at the top of its tuning. With that being said our truck probably gets less than 20mpg highway lol. That's ok though, cause this summer we will have 2 economy vehicles so I'm not to worried.

Back
Top Bottom