Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Ironic that i am now going to post something about apple that has ****ed me off today.

I have been reading up on the ipad 2, because im thinking about getting one, because i need a portable computing solution with a bigger screen then my phone that i don't really need programs on but rather just very simple tasks that i wouldn't mind using for fun as well, and that sort of screams ipad. But while reading up on some stuff i have become extremely rage rant capable of the fact that apple consistently calls it ipad, instead of the ipad. ex| Ipad 2 is 33% thinner, ipad has 9x the graphical power, ipad has a dual core a5 chip. What cant they ****ing say "THE Ipad".......its annoying:devil:

Never said I hated it lol, but there are definitely better phones out there hardware-wise and (if running Gingerbread or Honeycomb) it'd be hard to argue that the OS isn't at least just as good as apple's iOS. Biggest thing for me is all the restrictions, I don't wanna have to jailbreak if I want to run something Apple says I can't have. I also hate having to jailbreak again (and backup/restore before) every time I update the phone too. And if the rumour that Apple is gonna start pushing the updates OTA is true then **** I will be so annoyed. It's a capable phone at the end of the day, but with the fact that I could've chosen anything under $1,500, don't tell me there isn't something better I could've gotten ;)

^im not saying anything is really better then something else for everyone. Only for the user. You cant say a product is better then another product unless it is ur personal preference. My favorite phone might be 10 years old and not do anything but call, and be the size of a brick, but to me that may be the best for me. All im saying is everyone needs to be a little bit more open minded. When you say something is better then another then keep in mind that not everyone is going to think that, in any case, not just with phones or electronics. This is an on going battle with everything, and has been a historical battle with religion as well. We all need to just get it in our heads that all we can say really is that our opinion of something is better then our opinion of something else. If anyone knows what im getting at :p.

To a point yha lol, but if one were to generalise a little one might say that most people would prefer faster hardware over slower hardware, neater interfaces over messier interfaces, etc. Some things, like the hardware, aren't subjective and one can definitively say that phone A is better than phone B. However when it comes to things like the interface, that's when your point comes into play. People will have their own preferences there and might base them off the fact that their cat is the same colour as the home screen, etc.

Ignore the hardware. iOS 5 comes out within the next few months and from what has been rumored and said, it'll bring some pretty big and wanted changes. And i'm struggling to see how apple push the updates out over the air. iOS 5 is going to come in around the 1gb point. To give you an idea iOS 4.3.3 which removed features (the hidden location tracking) was a mahoosive 650mb.

Ironic that i am now going to post something about apple that has ****ed me off today.

I have been reading up on the ipad 2, because im thinking about getting one, because i need a portable computing solution with a bigger screen then my phone that i don't really need programs on but rather just very simple tasks that i wouldn't mind using for fun as well, and that sort of screams ipad. But while reading up on some stuff i have become extremely rage rant capable of the fact that apple consistently calls it ipad, instead of the ipad. ex| Ipad 2 is 33% thinner, ipad has 9x the graphical power, ipad has a dual core a5 chip. What cant they ****ing say "THE Ipad".......its annoying:devil:

Uhm, don't get an iPad 2. Take it from me as an owner. Quick summary: Really crappy camera, i dont even use it but the fact i know it's crappy just annoys me. Much faster, but very few apps to utilise it so pretty pointless. Gyro, no one gives a crap about gyro, benefits for games are negligible.

I would just get the original ipad. It's still plenty nippy for what you have described, and cheaper. I have about 70 apps, maybe 6 or 7 are "iPad 2 Optimized", probably only half of them are noticeabley better than the original iPad version.

I am still glad i got it, because i like it overall. But at this point in time to argue that it's worth the upgrade over the original ipad is difficult, unless you really must have one of the apps like Garageband or care alot about overall responsiveness then i would think about it.

Ideally just wait for iPad 3. Rumored to be this year anyway, though with iPhone launching this year i'm dubious.

Lol!

Back on topic: Last night I cooked dinner for the family, hamburgers with bacon, onions, fried eggs, and sliced tomatoes. All cooked on le BBQ ftw.
Today I'm repairing a strippers laptop, don't ask how or why this happened :p

like what? can it fix me breakfast?

If your talking about iOS 5 then no one will know till the day. But it's the 5th major iOS version for the 5th iPhone. Apple will make it good just so they can play with iOS5 for iPhone5 in there adds. That's what they're like..

This is just me guessing but i'd go for:

Notifications/SMS system improvements
Multitasking improvements
OS built in voice control
Maybe a UI overhaul, this is the one i want most. iOS is looking a bit stale.

I will be on topic at the end of this post , but want to address some things first.
To a point yha lol, but if one were to generalise a little one might say that most people would prefer faster hardware over slower hardware, neater interfaces over messier interfaces, etc. Some things, like the hardware, aren't subjective and one can definitively say that phone A is better than phone B. However when it comes to things like the interface, that's when your point comes into play. People will have their own preferences there and might base them off the fact that their cat is the same colour as the home screen, etc.
actually no, that point is void. You can not generalize that something with faster hardware or a neater interface is better for everyone, because you have to know what people consider to be better, or even want. Some people might like a highly complex interface and slow hardware, you have no way of knowing that.

@kman. I appreciate the advise and i will take it into consideration, but if i do end up buying an apple tablet it is going to be the newest one, i am a firm believer in that it is pointless to buy old hardware when there is a new model out for the original same price as the ipad one. the difference is negligible atm, as well i am actually quite looking forward to using garage band, because i am a musician. I may not even go for the Ipad though, i am very much looking for an alternative, and if i can find an alternative that i like i will get it over the ipad, because if i can get the same functionality, or hopefully more, with more customization i would love that.

ON TOPIC:
Went to the clinic today to get my throat and neck checked out, 1 hour wait for a throat swab and for the doctor to tell me to go to a chiropractor because he wouldnt look at my neck, why could he just say that he doesnt look at that sort of thing before i waited so long, i really didnt care about my throat my neck is what was in pain. Made an appointment with a chiropractor for next friday.

Back
Top Bottom