Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Today UPS delivered my new ThinkPad x220 and I started getting all of my stuff installed on it. So far I'm very impressed. It's easily the best built laptop I have ever had the opportunity to use and even puts other business class laptops to shame. The matte IPS screen is also exceptional and even the touch pad is very good.

It's kind of funny how much power consumption has improved in the last few years, this system has several times the battery life of my Atom powered netbook despite having a regular voltage Core i5 sandy bridge processor

Me is jealous. I want a thinkpad. Thing is i have no real use for one, i don't really need to travel with a PC much, and when i go out for the day i keep the iPad somewhere closebye :(

Me is jealous. I want a thinkpad. Thing is i have no real use for one, i don't really need to travel with a PC much, and when i go out for the day i keep the iPad somewhere closebye :(

Initially I was planning on going the tablet route also but this past semester I have had to do a lot of group programming assignments and I discovered that a netbook really isn't the best choice for serious software development. I've got several more programming classes that focus on group work coming up so I thought that getting an optimal system for that type of work now would probably be worthwhile.

Initially I was planning on going the tablet route also but this past semester I have had to do a lot of group programming assignments and I discovered that a netbook really isn't the best choice for serious software development. I've got several more programming classes that focus on group work coming up so I thought that getting an optimal system for that type of work now would probably be worthwhile.

If i get onto the games programming degree i want to do then i'll get a laptop then, i will force my parents to understand i need a good one. Which i will. Even the university reccomends a "suitable computer for game development".

Just spec'd up a thinkpad that'd suit me very nicely, came in at £1220 :(

On a side note, i no longer am in urgent need of a 2nd monitor. Found an ipad app that does the job sufficiently over the USB cable. It's not a perfectly smooth experience, somewhere inbetween a normal desktop experience and a remote desktop client. Youtube videos are watchable, but you couldn't game on it to well. It seems around 20fps. Perfectly good for putting steam chat, word, firefox etc on :D

The index finger on my right hand. I'm already getting better at writing with my non-dominant left hand. Most people feel sorry for me too when they ask if I'm right or left handed.

Look on the bright side, at least you didn't damage your left hand ;) :thumbsup:

Went to the nature center with my girlfriend and daughter. Spent an hour or so there, then we came home to eat. Watched a movie together, and here we are now...

I R NOW BORED. TYPING WITH CAPSLOCK ON FOR FUN. ACTUALLY...THIS KINDA *IS* FUN! ALSO, IT'S HARD TO PUT EMPHASIS ON WORDS WITH CAPSLOCK ON.

So yea I'm really ****ed now about that projector. Turns out, my friend gave it to his friend who of which let me borrow it. It was my friends responsibility to bring it back (borrowed it during a LAN, his friend took off early and we brought my friend home afterwards). Found out the guy has been a complete *** since the day after the LAN about it. He gave him a G15 for his bday and he broke it, gave him a nifty GPS and said it was a piece of ****, and now giving him all kinds of **** over this projector. Acting like a complete little girl over it. Well jokes on him, we put in about 500 hours in just 4 weeks and the bulb has probably about 100 hours left on it =D

28 days over 500hours means you had it on for 18 hours a day lol ? well if you did thats quite impressive, those things get hot i imagine it heated your room up quite nicely. I think it's about £200 for a new bulb on my PJ and they're supposed to last 2000 hours, 10pence an hour. So you cost him £50, haha.

Cancelled my driving lesson today due to only having 1.5 hours sleep. I feel a bit bad because i know it's annoying for the instructor. But really not sure driving after such little sleep as a learner is a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom