Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

The most annoying thing is i specifically bought it in a retail store in its retail box with all the crappy software so i knew it wasn't a fake one (I heard a load of reports of people getting fake drives from lots of e-tailers).

I literally am very close to taking the drive out my case and jsut ****ing smashing it into the ground :very_angry:

I've used an ASUS one in the past. No problems. Never had a Lie-on break on me, neither. :umm:

Mine vibrated really loud and usually had to resort to pressing that pin in which manually forced the drive out. Atleast it always read DVD's though..

You know i think this sammy drive doesn't like dual layer DVD's. It doesn't even seem to attempt to read them, no noise, no spinning, nothing.

edit:

Woop, dad phoned up PC World in anger and they now have an on the spot replacement for a 24x Lite-On waiting for me tommorow :)

my friggin optical drive won't burn cds/dvds but it reads them fine. wtf? Oh well time to get a blu-ray!

I have had the same POS 20 dollar SATA Lite-On for years. Never really had a problem with it. Needless to say though, for the same reason you're having is the reason why I don't use discs anymore and haven't for a long time. Have you tried changing the cable?

yes and reseating the new one and even using different software and brands of discs and anything I can think of doing..... It's an H-L datastorage branded litescribe drive.

thing is it will burn drag-n-drop windows explorer data dvds sometimes (like 1/4 discs works)

yeah gonna get a blu-ray or if it's too expensive just get another dvd-rw drive..... what is a good brand?

Back
Top Bottom