Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

I would never pay more then like 250 for an ipad. I would prolly only use it like 2 or 3 hours a day. Not worth droppin that much for it. I would only get one if I really travelled a lot. Other then that I'd rather spend that and get a new graphics card and a small SSD or a full laptop.

Sold my ipad for £350 cash which was a fair price considering the damage.

Now just £150 to go until i am ready to order my iPad 2 :D Well when it's announced anyway..

This might change your mind about the iPad 2.

YouTube - TAT BlackBerry PlayBook apps blow us away

Driving a stereoscopic 3D gui on an external display with a 7" tablet is pretty impressive. I've generally been critical of tablets but I think the Playbook has won me over.

Yeah, I'm a trans... :lol:

Oh, MoM goes waaaay back to Neowin.

First of all, since I got my hands into a computer, Master sticked to me. Master/Slave. That was also Pokemon Master and Magic: The Gathering. So, before Neowin, I had names such as X_Master_X, XMaster, etc. So when joining Neowin, I needed a change. So I thought, "mind over matter"? Ahh, MindoverMaster! That has stuck with me since then. I think the one who started calling me MoM was Chconline, owner of APHNetworks. After that, everybody starts calling me MoM, knowing I'm a dude. Trends start so easily.

This was my avatar in Neowin:

mindovermasteravatar2jd1.png

Today I was involved in a meeting in where I was going to be leading a small project with in a project where I am going to be rolling out about 200 mobile field units. Spent about 3 hours testing and talking about how we do this and that I am core person the project.
Then about 90 seconds after leaving the meeting room, I get my boss calling me saying that I am getting moved over to another project until further notice. And I did not feel any guilt about leaving the current project and i really could not care that my current project is going to be up creek with out a paddle.

Today I was involved in a meeting in where I was going to be leading a small project with in a project where I am going to be rolling out about 200 mobile field units. Spent about 3 hours testing and talking about how we do this and that I am core person the project.
Then about 90 seconds after leaving the meeting room, I get my boss calling me saying that I am getting moved over to another project until further notice. And I did not feel any guilt about leaving the current project and i really could not care that my current project is going to be up creek with out a paddle.

Now don't cry yer eyes out, mate. ;)

I have 5 job offers now its just down to which one I want to take. All have shared accommodation provided and 4 require relocating.

Short contracts
Unlikely
1 pays me a high wage but no commission and stuck on a desert island. Working as a Dive centre manager with occasional teaching

Possible
3 have reasonable pay + high commission but a small market for those sales so I am realistically looking at an additional $300 from commission. Working as a Dive Instructor, Dive guide and general shop duties

Likely - initial short term contract then long term possibility
1 pays me a low wage + low commission but a massive market for sales and travelling potential. Yet to get a formal job description and title but it appears they want a Company Representative and Dive shop manager. Initiate negotiations for contracts for Corporate Retreats and Education Establishments as well as join all the local clubs and get heavily involved with the ex pat community (actually part of the job description to be friends with everyone and drink lol). I won't be teaching much diving in the Ocean but can follow my students down to the coast every once in a while. So realistically I could sell 3 groups of 10-20 people on trips with training and earn 500-1000 in commission per group then the next month get nothing. Its not the type of job that I set out looking for or planned to get when I began my career but its an intriguing venture.

Correct. That doesn't affect my ability to decide whether a job is easy or not.

Being a builder, hard graft.
Being a teacher, annoying.
IT support over the phone, frustrating.
Travelling in a car to show someone how to turn there monitor on, easy but frustrating.

See ? I know if i was to work and someone said all i had to do was drive for 8 hours just to tell someone how to turn a monitor on i'd be happy with that :)

For your job descriptions I think your oversimplifying and not describing a good builder or teacher.

If you have to start driving long distances, it isn't fun being stuck in a box for hours on end. Like being on a plane, I don't know anyone that specifically enjoys flying in economy class for a long trip. Its just a chore and mind numbing just sitting there, doing nothing much waiting to arrive at your destination. To then get there and find out your trip was pretty pointless is quite soul destroying as well as frustrating.

I would never pay more then like 250 for an ipad. I would prolly only use it like 2 or 3 hours a day. Not worth droppin that much for it. I would only get one if I really travelled a lot. Other then that I'd rather spend that and get a new graphics card and a small SSD or a full laptop.

Well yeh sometimes i think that, for instance right now i have £370 due to said sold ipad. So here i am with a **** load of money that i could get so much with, waiting to buy something that isn't even announced. It's a killer.

So far i've thought about a GTX580, but then i ask myself if 15fps is really worth £370 (...yes ;)), a 3DS even though i'd never play it, another SSD, or replaceing both my monitor, or some new headphones. But i am really trying to hold out for the new ipad. I know from experience if i buy something now, that when the iPad 2 is announced i will really badly want it :p

I know i am thinking a little premature here, but i'm really paranoid about not being able to run Battlefield 3 or TES: Skyrim at max details when they're released towards the end of the year. I bought a i7 2600 to help quell these fears but in reality it's just moved me from worrying about my CPU to worrying about my GPU.

Back
Top Bottom