Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Seems a little high when I got my first car (a 3 year old 1.2L Corsa) I was paying 1.5k with no pass plus that was 2 and a bit years ago though.

Get an ariel Atom or Smart roadster they are less then 1L but will probably kill you for going too fast.

Prices have gone up. A number of companies I spoke to would have had me pay more than I paid in my first year. Pass Plus makes very little difference as far as I have been able to tell.

I had a dream last night where my tyre (rear off-side, I think) blew out and I crashed into an Audi S4 coming the other way. The speeds were low so everyone was fine, the point of the nightmare was that my insurance would go up. When I was younger I had a nightmare in which a Tyrannosaurus rex was chained to a tree in my back garden but everyone grudgingly put up with it. I miss the old days.

still battling stomache problems.... my burps are tasting so bad.... can't puke it out, can't do anything but starve myself and no have anything with flavor in it for a while. gotta do this while awake cause if I sleep before the burps are done than I'll have it amplified..... arrrg I think the sobe and pizza mix did this.....

Really annoyed. My school told me not to bother applying to College/University for the course i wanted to do because i didn't have enough UCAS points (You get points depending on what grades you get at A Levels/BTEC Diplomas). My friend also applied for the same course, and i thought he was wasting his time. At compulsary education GCSE exams he only passed 4 out of 11 exams. And he only had 80ucas points from just passing a Diploma in engineering. You need 260ucas points to get onto this Uni course, so he was no way near. Yet guess what ? he just got a letter offering him a place :dead: :facepalm:

Such bull crap. I'm annoyed at my college for being wrong, me for not ignoring them anyway, and just totally jealous. Now i have to do a crappy Higher national diploma in computing for the next 36weeks just to apply for the same course that i would of had an offer for by now.

My point was it was no point and shoot camera with a better quality picture than most.

Maybe. Although i think you would be surprised with what you can achieve with a good point and shoot. And so you should be able to. Top end point and shoots and going for over £300 these days. Thats serious cash bordering on low end SLR money.

crap double post :angel:

I have a phase-change but it's not needed.

easy means everyone could hit 5 GHz, so it's not that easy.
Easy = most enthusiasts can hit 5ghz and I have seen alot of 5ghz on water. If I can hit 4.4 on my i5 750 with water than I bet it'll be cake getting a 2500 or 2600 to 5ghz.

Maybe. Although i think you would be surprised with what you can achieve with a good point and shoot. And so you should be able to. Top end point and shoots and going for over £300 these days. Thats serious cash bordering on low end SLR money.

In USD 300 bucks will get you a DSLR. I can take good pics with my coolpix but there is a considerate difference in picture quality. My point and shoot only cost me 130 over a year ago.

well it's not about the camera it's the picture itself. there are some amazing pics taken with crappy cams that are still awe-inspiring. it's the technique and exploiting your cameras capabilities and having good composition that matters, not how much moolah you drop on a fancy camera.

some people buy a 3,000USD DSLR and the pics suck sometimes.... it's all in how you use it.

well it's not about the camera it's the picture itself. there are some amazing pics taken with crappy cams that are still awe-inspiring. it's the technique and exploiting your cameras capabilities and having good composition that matters, not how much moolah you drop on a fancy camera.

some people buy a 3,000USD DSLR and the pics suck sometimes.... it's all in how you use it.

Of course.

But when you are at the level where you are taking a pic, and you can't get your point and shoot to do what you want, you know an SLR is worth the cash. I would think everyone on this forum, being the kind of people we are, are at the level of proficiency to benefit from the features of an SLR. That is not to say they are always necessary.

Back
Top Bottom