Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Today one of my hard drives started sounding like a bunch of ball bearings in a blender :( I think it's my data drive but until I have time to unhook the other drive and see if the sounds continue I won't know for sure since both drives are ok according the the manufacturers diagnostics. Thankfully everything important on that drive is backed up so I shouldn't loose anything if it decides to actually die.

Yesterday I took an old drive and installed a small SharePoint farm on it. Unfortunately, I accidentally overwrote about 7 years worth of data. I tried to get it back with recovery software, but had no luck. Hopefully I won't need much of that information (it was a backup of work stuff mostly.) SharePoint's running nicely though...

Today, my daughter gets the 24 stitches out of her forehead from when she had a table fall on her and cut her down to the skull.

^wow dude, im sorry to hear that. That sounds severe for a young child. I take it shes ok tho since shes getting them out now?

Yea, it was definitely severe. The wound was about 4.5 inches long and at least 3/4 inches wide, with the bone showing underneath (her skin was sagging into her eyes.) I totally freaked out. Being a 3 year old though, she's back to playing and acts just like nothing happened. In fact, a couple days after it happened she popped a few of the stitches out because she got too rambunctious. Yea...emergency rooms are not my favorite place lately :(

My little sister sounds exactly like your daughter, when she was 3 a table fell on her as well, it missed her eye by literally a few millimeters and gave her a 2 inch cut down the side of her eye. Couple years later she jumped off our back porch onto a hollow metal pole, went through her cheek. She's ok now though lol, and she's still as crazy as ever.

^ wowzers! Does she have bad scars from those accidents?

It's horrifying to see a little kid get hurt like that...especially when it's your own kid.

Just to clarify, the whole pole didn't go through her cheek. It just cut all the way through on one side and hit her gums/teeth. But yeah she's got a bit of a web as it were over the corner of her eye, from where the skin has joined when they stitched her up. She's gonna go into surgery in a year or so to get it fixed up. And she's got a 1 inch scar on her lower cheek. When she cut her cheek blood was dripping everywhere, I was keeping a cloth pressed against her cheek when she cut it, but I still had my hands entirely covered in blood when Dad took her away to the hospital.

Still she took it ok, only cried for 10 minutes or so and didn't at all when she got the stitches in. She was already **** bad***, now she looks it too lol. Methinks she's gonna be one of those tomboy biker chicks when she grows up. Pretty **** impressive for a 5 year old girl IMO

When your younger, you get over pain very quickly, it's when your older that you go, WTF?!?!?!

When I was 3 I was poked with all sorts of needles due to some sorta illness, never cried, now, I freak out when I see a needle.

Back
Top Bottom