Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Redid my server with the faster SATA boot drive (wipes brow, its so much faster now). Pretty much takes care of my server for a while besides possibly more 2TB drives.

Water cooling is 100% and bubble free and the i5 seems to be doin great.

Cleaned the room up, added on a side board to my desk for my server keyboard, redid my cables so they are neater, and did some "advanced" routing as some would call it. My Netgear N router is screwed so i dug the ol Linksys back out and now my server is switched straight to net then everyone else gets leftover bandwidth lol.

Woke up to some yelling and screaming, which is an everyday event trying to get my 11th grade brother up for school. With dad at work and mom at a loss to get him up, I was summoned to physically get him out of bed since he was convinced he was taking his 47th personal day this year. As expected, things went south real quick since he's not really a happy person in the mornings.

Is parental punishment via taser legal? Thinking about an early Christmas gift to the parental units.

Woke up, noticed that i forgot to charge my phone, drove down to Timmy's (tim hortons) and got a breakfast sandwich. Then drove to school.

Woke up, worked at home, worked at the club. Went to the doctors and got told I have to go to hospital, which is bad, but I am going home to Singapore for it, which is good, so overall I am pleased. Went to the club and worked, watched A-team at home, went to the club again was surprised to see the man whom I am apprentice for there as he was meant to arrive tomorrow. Got asked why I wasn't working at the club I mentioned the lack of internet giving the difficulty in getting quotations from Thai, Malay and Chinese manufacturers without it, which he didn't seem to amused by. Told him that I had to go to Singapore which he wasn't to bothered about as long as I wasn't gone for too long.

Explained to him how the restaurant manager screwed up someone's wedding party and we had to send an apology, we discussed/argued over the best way. I manage to persuade him to my view point that a business response letter signed by the upper management and personal letter by the restaurant manager would be best plus a free bottle of wine of their choice. I however got stuck with writing both letters, took me 15 mins to write the company one as I can express my feelings. taken me 1:40 to write the personal one as
1) I don't know how a Vietnamese individual would write an apologetic letter
2) I don't feel the guy has learnt anything
3) Have not heard his side of the story only the customers and what I saw from a far from body language as the discussion was in Vietnamese

I am not sure whether to voice my concern with my boss or not I am currently 1 and a half months into a 3 month trial (I believe they will sign me for a longer contract). My letter is fairly poor (as I can't get into his head and secondly he doesn't even work for my company it is a sub-contract) so I will give it to the translator to turn to Vietnamese. Then should I ask the restaurant manager to use mine as a base and kind of rewrite it? I definitely want the wine docked out of his wages so he will suffer for it and learn not to make the same mistake as the customers involved are very influential for our business and could make or break us I think my listening to them is the only reason why they haven't.

Do you think this is a test? To see whether I have a backbone? To see whether I work well under pressure, I was given this job at 8pm and will need to send it to the translator before 8am to have it on time. To see whether I can write a proficient letter in both languages?

The best part is whilst I have been writing this email, the restaurant manager has been getting drunk, just to feed my contempt and frustration. I don't need this kinda stress when I am ill.

Wow this post was shorter in my head, kinda spewed up most of the words and emotions flying through me at once.

home_product.jpg

And in the original frosty mug:

rootbeer6.jpg

There's one of the original A&W's about an hour from me where you can still get a gallon of draft root beer. And, yes, it is a carbonated soft drink.

Today i played guitar and compiled a list of mods and things i will be getting for my guitar and guitar rig as soon as i replace the neck (which will be very soon). Itll all be a piece at a time with the stomp boxes but i want to do the guitar all at once. Wont take much really.

Back
Top Bottom