Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

^^^? why do u live in nam now?

Work, I am the apprentice of a vietnamese guy who has made me manager of a beach club we have a couple of bars, restaurant, dive centre, water sports centre and a few shops lots of stuff to keep me busy. I haven't been back to the UK for a year and a half now which was when I was regularly on this forum so I am a little surprised my being in an obscure place strange.

Yeah, you could buy a large hub/router and just offer people to use it for like $30 a month. Even if you connected 10 people up over Ethernet you'd be left with 100mb/s at the worst of times.. and if you set it up right you can make sure you always have priority :)

Are you listening, trotter ? think of it as an investment and a means of income :D I'm not quite sure about the legal implications but i'm sure there is a loophole to get round it somewhere.

This is of course assuming that the house/area is wired up for those speeds. There might be a hefty $10k bill for wiring your house up.

Well you've got to wire the house, and perhaps adjacent houses, right to the curb, and then probably to the exchange too. Though, I don't know very much about these things :p

Sounds good.. are you living a life of luxury lol ?

Nah not really, I have a company supplied driver but no company supplied car as of yet lol...... He just drives me round on a moped. I get to play with the toys at the club as much as I want and can eat there for discount but live in a house with 2 other guys but its the company house so over the last 2 days I actually have 7 people living here with me, only one of them speaks conversational level English so I have no clue what's going on.

Back
Top Bottom