Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Heard the local Currys (electronics store) had been upgraded to a Currys Megastore, intrigued i headed up there. OMG. I stayed there for over 2 hours. It was my perfect shop :p

They had a full range of cameras and photography equipment, and then a full range of Headphones from Sennheiser, Audio Technica, AKG that were all hooked up to an amplifier and music for you to try out. Then they had six living room setups, 3 of which were the different 3D TV's from Panasonic, LG and Samsung and they actually had the 3d glasses out to try, which is a first. Before you have always had to ask. And then aside from 3D tv's they had pretty much every other good TV set up, most of which surprisingly well calibrated. After that i browsed the laptop/notebook section of which there were about 60 models to try out, so i tried them all.. and liked none of them except the Alienware M11x, HP Envy and Apple Macbook. They even had some decent gaming PC's set up. Nothing to the standard of the rigs on here, of course, and way over priced. But interesting never the less. Then i tried out PlayStation Move just to look like i was a natural :grin: (I've actually put hours of practice into the table tennis game..). Heck they even had some huge telescopes out to try, which didn't really work because you couldn't point them out the window. Then there was an entire up stairs devoted to everything kitchen related, which i ignored.

I came away from the shop with a few realizations. The first being, i need me a Alienware netbook. The second being, i really like a Panasonic GH1 but it's missing a few things so i will wait until the GH2 and pretend that i can afford it. Samsung 3D TV's have the worst case of crosstalk amongst them all, and that LG's huge 3D TV was absolutely awesome. Bose speakers still suck, and why they had an entire 20meter wall devoted to Bose speakers i don't know. "Technical Sales Assistants" still believe anything less than the latest MS Office will not work anymore, and that upgrading to the latest is essential if i want to print my documents on modern printers.

"Technical Sales Assistants" still believe anything less than the latest MS Office will not work anymore, and that upgrading to the latest is essential if i want to print my documents on modern printers.
say what lol? until like 5 months ago i was using office 2002 lol.

ZeniMax Media has some super idiots working there phones.. They are American, but I after 45 seconds of this

"Can I get a PR phone number or e-mail for Bethesda Softworks"
"what?"
"Can I get a PR phone number or e-mail Bethesda Softworks"
"what?"
"what?"
"Sir, what company are trying to contact?"
"BETHESDA PR"
"Whats PR?"
"PUBLIC RELATIONS"
"Sir what is that?"
"OH GOD NEVER MIND!"
(Happened in about 45 seconds or less)

I determined my assumption. Why can't talking on the phone be easy for people that do it for a living? Why can't they just have a list of stuff they should know? UGH

Just called back hoping to get someone new. I didn't.

"Hello, I am looking for Bethesday Softworks PR"
"Sir did you just call?"
"Why No"
"My caller ID said you did"
"Well I apologize, Can I be Transferred to Bethesda PR"
"Sir PR?"
"Public Relations"
"For Bethesda"
"Yes, Ma'am"
"Okay, Have a great day"
"Thank you, you too" (Facepalm)

I felt like a dunce, lol. But At least I got to the PR, who of course doesn't take direct calls, but you have to leave a message and wait for them to call you back.

Highly doubt I will get a call back, but I had to share my moronic (on both our parts) experience..

Woke up. Went to work. Long day. Went to a friend of my parent's house to set up router. Came home. Began backup on a laptop I need to reformat since Vista is just that awesome. Went to buddy's house. Rode bike for an hour. Worked out for 2 hrs. Went to Subway. Went home. Smoked a cigar. Listened to a few live versions of a couple Pink Floyd songs. Relaxed. Back to fixing laptop mentioned above. Listening to Radiohead at the moment. That is all.

I came away from the shop with a few realizations. The first being, i need me a Alienware netbook.

You're not the only one wanting a M11x. I'm honestly pretty happy with my current netbook but having one that can play BF:BFC2 and Crysis would be awesome.

Yes! Im still alive! lol. But school, jobs, and life in general is getting in the way of my do nothing but surf TF all day time sadly. lol. Quite alot is changing around here. looks good!!!

Back
Top Bottom