Potentially the longest thread in history...

Got around to uninstalling ZoneAlarm firewall from my netbook. I noticed a while ago it regularly used 30% or more of the CPU at any one time. Now using Windows Firewall, and my netbook runs noticeably smoother :) And presumably the battery will last longer.

It's in my signature. Labeled as 'Netbook:'

It's got an Atom Z520 - one of the slowest in existence, I believe. And Intel GMA 500 graphics - the slowest Intel integrated in existence. Oh yeah! :D But, it has 2GB RAM instead of the usual 1GB, and a 12" 720p screen instead of a 10" 1024x600. That's right, it has a larger resolution than most netbooks, and a weaker GPU too.

Woo got it to work. I had a bunch of HOSTS file entries I added when I was trying to block ads through the hosts file one time and forgot about it until now. Deleted them and it works.

*sigh*
Just found out that cos all of my mates got well... terrible exam results, they're all switching to do college instead. So now I have to choose between my friends, and the better education offered by staying at 6th form. So either I get likely worse results at the end of the year (by going to college), or spending a year on my lonesome but probably getting better grades at the end.
NB: College isn't what you americans call college.

*sigh*
Just found out that cos all of my mates got well... terrible exam results, they're all switching to do college instead. So now I have to choose between my friends, and the better education offered by staying at 6th form.
NB: College isn't what you americans call college.

Can't leave us hanging like this, please explain what the Brits consider college

Re: Today I have...

Today i have done a job that was not mine. I get to do it again tomorrow. It is such fun when you take the time to learn how to do all aspects of the job, you get to do those other aspects more than your job. At least it is a chance from the norm.

Back
Top Bottom