Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Yeah it is a pain, but if it is the tower then that is something that is out of AT&T's control. There could have been damage to the tower. They would have to get out there and fix it. If it was just their service that was down that is a different story. If the tower is fine it is just their service out out then i could understand the frustration. Cant always account for things happening to the hardware. I know my service has been here all day with no issues. That is why i asked if the tower was functioning properly.

Out of all the carriers we have here, AT&T is by far the best. Verizon is problematic, T-Mobile isnt powerful enough, Boost is junk, Sprint is falling, Blue is garbage and so on. I have had just about every carrier and only AT&T has been the most steady with their service. Of course this is on the East Coast. Could be different where you are.

Today i have gotten ready to go back to work. SO not looking forward to it.

They sent out an email regarding the outage that listed another town, which would certainly be covered by different towers, under the affected areas so it looks like it is AT&T's fault.

Not necessarily. There could be multiple towers affected by a power surge. Just cause it is a couple of towers doesnt rule out damage to those towers. They still have to run off of some sort of power grid right? Maybe there was an issue at the power company that affected multiple towers. It has been known to happen. Just saying dont be so quick to jump right down AT&T's throat for having issues with the towers. It can happen as it has happened here a few times. Someone crashed into a tower not far from me before. AT&T had no control over that. But it took out service for at least 5 towns.

At the same time i am not trying to say that it isnt AT&T's fault. Remember the company also has a huge human factor to it. I am sure that not everything done by people working in your company is always 100% perfect. It could have easily been something done by someone working for them that caused this issue. It has happened how many times with GMail and other services. Things happen. While it stinks when it does and it is an inconvenience, dont let 1 bad experience let you regret your choices. If we all did that we would have nothing but regret for every choice we have ever made.

CntdwnToExtn, I take it your a SysAdmin....
If so I'd like to chat with ya in private, send me your e-mail or something.

Today I have watched Dawson Creek, and going to try ERD on my mom's laptop.

ha I don't think there's anything British about BP-British Petroleum. They call themselves beyond petroleum now (in a marketing sense). They have become more americanized and with it became crappier. figures.

I'd say we need to ditch the thirst for oil and go electric!

It was the entire state of kentucky that was affected, my net10 phone also lost all service. This is the 2nd time in 4 or so months this has happened with huge, and I mean HUGE outages for cell phone service in KY.

Went to the falls with the gf and a few friends (for those of you who do not know what i mean by falls, niagara falls, the place, and the location...). Had a lot of fun.

I went there 10 years ago. it was nice. Hotel sucked though. Don't remember the name but stay away from downtown hotels. The room we had was disgusting! Flies everywhere! We ended up car-camping since most hotels were booked that weekend! I believe the hotel was brown, tall and had a pool on the side that had a really cheesy trellis is all I remember.

Back
Top Bottom