Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Me to. A friend just let us borrow 20 bucks so we can eat the next 2 weeks =/

What i REALLY hate is the people that ask you whats going on, so you tell them. They then say they wish they could help (after you not asking for any help at all) then a few days later spend loads of cash on something unproductive. Im like....seriously? Your silence would have been more appreciated.
For instance, my best friend took us out to eat for a late bday (his is 7 days after me) and congratulatory dinner for my gf for getting a what we thought to be a good job (ha). Anyways so he asks us how every thing has been since we left our town a month ago. We told him, with a stern look on his face he says i really wish i could help you guys, you know that? He then pays for our dinner (which was about 20 bucks a piece) and pays the lady with a 100 dollar bill and says keep the change. Im like -.- yea ok. Well we had to go back to our home town to spend the last of our money on my storage bill and head to his house to do our laundry. When we get up there he has 2 brand new 15" Kickers, a 1500w JBL GTO amp, and the box of a new Kenwood head unit sitting on his bead. Im like -.- again because i told him i would piece him together a nice setup with what he had in mind. He wants tight bass for double bass songs, not boomy bass for rap. He has the completely wrong setup for what he wants. I even told him i would install the setup for him way back when i lived with him. He always "had no money". But yet, he had his retard friend who doesnt know crap pick him out the stuff and i found out later he had his 5.25s installed and the head unit installed by this ******* that he paid. When he had the headunit installed the guy didnt even put the sub cable in (he had it already) so he has to redo the work as it is. *facepalm*. To top it off, he was looking for enclosures for his subs. I told him 2 months ago he could have my carpeted ported dual 15" enclosure with cap and amp mounts. I reminded him, he said he would think about it. The next page he brought up was turbo kits for his Subaru >=[

Anyways, pretty much what that told me was for some stupid reason people feel the need to say things to try and act nice. Its like, save your BS for somebody else.

I put my drums and my computer up at the same time on Craigs. I cant afford shipping costs. The drums sold for under half of what they where worth. 1000 bucks gone in 1 day from paying bills. I dropped the price of my computer to 500 bucks and nobody bit so i decided to take it down (after having it up 2 weeks). I even tried selling one of my guitars thats worth a few grand. Didnt work. I even put my server up. All i got was trade offers.
$500 is a steal, can't believe nobody took that offer.

People here are poor as **** here and the rich just want to buy new. No joke. I know at least 3 friends that where drooling over my computer but just didnt have the money. Same goes for my drums, and the guitar i was offering to sell. The only reason my drums sold is because the guy was buying them for his sons friend. His sons friend already had a double bass set of his own but just couldnt haul them back and forth. Their house was pretty big and it seemed they where doing well. Im sure if they where for his son he would have gotten a new 5 piece from Guitar Center.

Today I have got my latest statement from Buyer's Edge. Last month I used it to purchase my iPad. Today I have found that there is no record of that purchase ever being made on my statement.

Thanks for the free iPad guys!

I actually tried on TPU. My parts rarely ever sold. The most deals i got where from trading. Besides like i said, cant exactly afford to ship out so locally is how i have to do my dealings.

You could charge for delivery... eg $650 for the PC and £20 (or whatever for delivery). The buyer is still getting a good computer for $670 and you get to keep $650...

Today I have got my latest statement from Buyer's Edge. Last month I used it to purchase my iPad. Today I have found that there is no record of that purchase ever being made on my statement.

Thanks for the free iPad guys!

LOL awesome. Though perhaps it will show up on this/next month's statement.

You could charge for delivery... eg $650 for the PC and £20 (or whatever for delivery). The buyer is still getting a good computer for $670 and you get to keep $650...
Well if im shipping over seas it wouldnt be worth it unless buyer paid the cost. I sent a little bitty sound card over there and it cost me 50 bucks. In the US it would cost me around 30 bucks. Even though 650 isnt nothing to shake a stick at, id get frowns from my gf for low balling myself on my pc.

Back
Top Bottom