Potentially the longest thread in history...

Started my week's work experience at Oxford Brookes Uni tech department =D

And enjoying taking the advantage of a 1Gb/s connection to download random drivers I haven't bothered to.

Thats like.. 333x faster than my connection. If only ISP's realised how much i would pay for that, they might get a move on :devil:

Re: Today I have...

I'm up. :D I had some mini ravioli for breakfast because I didn't feel like messing with cooking anything.

I've checked my email(s), answered some,

hit FB and wished a couple happy birthday,

nailed a Chinese spammer before he/she/it/b****** had a chance to post,

read through all the posts in the mods' areas to I can keep up with ongoing things,

read through several sections here on TF,

got my Sansa Clip all charged up,

And am now heading out to do the trim on my mom's yard and around the garden before I have to get ready for work. Geez, it's already 80F out there...

Today I spent three hours re-wiring a computer lab that I spent four hours yesterday unwiring =D The guy who did the wiring before me hadn't heard of cable management or health and safety. Fun all around for me though >_>
There was about 500+ feet of ethernet and CISCO cabling which weren't even plugged in anywhere, it just ran around random parts of the lab. I wish I'd taken pics (I can get After pics though :p)

Totally reverse engineered the hardware specs of a OEM router (not published), and dumped it's flash and I am now improving the firmware this is the LAST time I get into a argument with a ISP over the quality of there hardware.

You should uh, do that with FIos. I am absolutely certain that when we get the POS router my room mate is gonna go nuts with it. I was able to get into our neighbors in 30 seconds.

Totally reverse engineered the hardware specs of a OEM router (not published), and dumped it's flash and I am now improving the firmware this is the LAST time I get into a argument with a ISP over the quality of there hardware.

Why would they bother making them good ? 99percent of the population set up wifi security and then never touch it again. Ever.

But then we are not 99percent of the population :p I agree though, they suck majorly. My main annoyance with mine is how the top of the configuration page uses a logo with such dire resolution it basicly looks like they got a thumbnail and stretched it across the entire top of the page :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom