Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

About them bed bug things, how exactley do you get bed bugs ? I always thought it was just if you left your bed dirty for too long.

I have occasionally got a bite earlier this year that can't be a mosquito (it's england and it was in the winter) so gathered it was a bed bug as i found them when i woke up. But i quick clean of bedding with the usual stuff you clean clothes with, aswell as some mild detergent solved that problem quickly.

Back on topic.

Today i carried out my weekly despiderization of the household. House spiders are in my opinion the creepiest looking spiders of them all, and i hate spiders. If i see them first i don't get to freaked out but usually have to deal with it if its 1inch or over in size. But if im sat there and one runs across the floor i creep the heck out :p Hence my despideration, it basically involves looking in all the confined places in the house, tipping furniture over, and cleaning them out. I'm usually mean and kill them, but sometimes i'm kind and catch them in a cup.. and put them in the Koi Carp pond.. where they get ate. No way am i risking the buggers finding there way back into my house.

Anyway i found 6 of the things, it creeps me out to think how many i missed. Thats about all i've done all day.

About them bed bug things, how exactley do you get bed bugs ? I always thought it was just if you left your bed dirty for too long.

I have occasionally got a bite earlier this year that can't be a mosquito (it's england and it was in the winter) so gathered it was a bed bug as i found them when i woke up. But i quick clean of bedding with the usual stuff you clean clothes with, aswell as some mild detergent solved that problem quickly.
My doctor has said that you can catch it from outside your home. From other people, for example. It can be something like a bug transferring from one person's clothes to another person's bag or anything. And now that's why there's a strict rule on shoes not being in my apartment. I tell everyone to take off their shoes before they step in.

Today i carried out my weekly despiderization of the household. House spiders are in my opinion the creepiest looking spiders of them all, and i hate spiders. If i see them first i don't get to freaked out but usually have to deal with it if its 1inch or over in size. But if im sat there and one runs across the floor i creep the heck out Hence my despideration, it basically involves looking in all the confined places in the house, tipping furniture over, and cleaning them out. I'm usually mean and kill them, but sometimes i'm kind and catch them in a cup.. and put them in the Koi Carp pond.. where they get ate. No way am i risking the buggers finding there way back into my house.

Anyway i found 6 of the things, it creeps me out to think how many i missed. Thats about all i've done all day.
I hate insects in my home, period. I kill them every chance I get. If I see one and it escapes, I do not rest until I know it's taken care of.

Back on topic....

Today was a nice day, so I decided to go to Manhattan to do a little exploring. I wanted to get to know the heart of NY a little more because I'm not as familiar with the place as a native should, and I was born in Manhattan. As well as living only 30 minutes away.

I started with a free ferry ride known as the Staten Island Ferry. Nothing much to see there, but I just wanted to ride the ferry back and forth. Smelling the sea breeze and water. Had a nice breakfast at a deli. A monstrous corn beef and pastrami sandwich with chocolate milk. Then I walked about 50 city blocks, from downtown to midtown ending in Times Square. Got to see tons of stores and restaurants I always heard of but never knew where they were, as well as tons of interesting personalities and tourists.

Then I went to the theater to watch "Get Him To The Greek". It was ok, very funny at the beginning, and then it dwindles from there.

Came back home, and I'm currently trying to organize the apartment, still messy from yesterday's cleaning.

Ahh man, wish i could visit New York. Looks brilliant, English cities are very dull and 'sensible' in comparison, no high rise buildings, no awesome places to visit, none of the atmosphere and kind of thing that you get in new york (atleast from what i can tell from films/tv).

^you'd like perth then. It's pretty small for a city, bout 2-2.5mil. But there's so many places that are great to go to in and around it.

Back
Top Bottom