Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Tis alright Luke. Thank you for understanding the post and not getting upset that i took such action. I know that at times people dont pay attention where the topic is located and just post away.

Feels wierd working from the laptop outside. I can say that. Not used to be mobile. :p

It tis a warm one here as well Luke. Just checked and it is already 85 and still going up. They predict at least 9 for the high. At 9am it was already 75. So hours later and 10 degrees and it still isnt where it is supposed to be. AHHHH.

At least the little one is in the pool and enjoying the warm weather as i sit here in the shade trying to stay cool with the laptop warming me up more.

Ughhh, tired of this bull from my boss. Calls me sat says he needs me on monday , tues, thurs, and maybe friday. So i show up today and he says we only need you for an hour today and no longer on tues or thurs. Need to find a new, better job. So many people work there that they never need anyone for more then a few hours, because everyone wants hours. They need to just fire off 5 people for some of us can actually get some work.

^ i write up reports, enter stuff into a data base, and haul stuff for a shipping company.

IN other news, i found out why my heatsink was getting so bloody well hot 5 mins ago. Im sitting at my desk, thinking to myself why is it getting so hot that i could cook eggs on it? Then i notice a fan sitting on the edge of my desk. Im like i don't remember what this came from. I had just transplanted two mobos (swapped the cases). well i forgot to put the fan back on my heatsink. so it had been passive cooling all day, and folding overnight, so 100% cpu utilization. Guess there is a first time for every incredibly stupid moment.

^^ that's awesome, 100C for passive cooling at 100% load with direct sun light on it? Sounds like a great feat!

You have 16 computers?

A new client who is renting space needed 20 new computers. They don't have the resources we do here (since they are based outside Panama) so they asked us if we could help take care of it for them. Well...we got the computers, but they came without OS. So I did that today. Yikes!

I wish I had a job that dealt with computers :(.

Me too. But I am just the guy who knows how to do more than the other people in the office. It's not even in my job description lol, but it falls on me anyway...it's no biggy though I'd rather do this than deal with complaining clients who don't pay their rent.

Today I had a overclock session and got a higher Linx score, only to find out the same clock that ran Linx for 11 minutes isn't stable while surfing in Google Chrome...

^ i write up reports, enter stuff into a data base, and haul stuff for a shipping company.

IN other news, i found out why my heatsink was getting so bloody well hot 5 mins ago. Im sitting at my desk, thinking to myself why is it getting so hot that i could cook eggs on it? Then i notice a fan sitting on the edge of my desk. Im like i don't remember what this came from. I had just transplanted two mobos (swapped the cases). well i forgot to put the fan back on my heatsink. so it had been passive cooling all day, and folding overnight, so 100% cpu utilization. Guess there is a first time for every incredibly stupid moment.

Got that beat. Back in jan i got me a single stage phase for my i5. A combination of high clocks, some condensation, and a drop of water (from water cooling the gpu) managed to kill my eVGA. Well it decided to take a dump on me while i had everything on air with stock clocks.....and north Texas had a ft and a half of snow everywhere. My car was completely snowed in and our driveway is about 250ft long. (Not including the U part). Only other board i had was this gigabyte and i didnt have an 1156 mount for my true. With 3 days so far of snow and a week off from work i had to do something because i had gotten bored....within 5 minutes. 2 and a half hours later i finally managed to shovel all the snow away and made it to Best Buy. I bought me an H50 and mounted that bad boy up. This isnt even the bad part of the story. Ok, the same day i ordered the true mount and intended on selling the H50 (which i eventually did). 2 weeks later i get the true all mounted up and it went for about 3 days and we took a really heavy power brown. All the breakers had tripped. When i got everything turned back on my pc was doing this on off BS. After toying with everything for about half a day i said screw it and bought my i3 from Frys. 3 months later i get a warranty replacement from Intel and had a brand new shiny i5. Get it installed and same thing. I was so furious i almost kicked my pc off the balcony. I spent the next 2 days with everything apart trying to diagnose the problem. The VERY last thing i did was unscrewed the 4 screws 3 hand twists on the TRUE and vuala. I had just realized this whole time all my problems where because the heatsink was on to tight by 3 little twists.

Back
Top Bottom