Potentially the longest thread in history...

so you would think it would be ok or more manageable to confine a cat or dog but not confine a hamster, guinea pig, or the like? strange.

and cats bury their business because they don't want predators to follow thier trails. natural instincts at work here. just make sure the sandbox is clean before they go. or get the little turtle ones that can be capped off when the kids are done playing with them. my parents had the little green turtle one for us becuase the goats kept doing thier business in it. we capped it when we were done and it worked.

see there are plenty of solutions for problems with this that do not have to resort to voilent measures against animals that would prevent situations like this from occuring.

if you would practice both measures above then life with pets would be alot more smooth and stress free.

Did you ever try to work out problems with neighbors. If you own your home it is harder to move, that's why it is a good idea to keep on good terms with your neighbors, if you do not keep their well being in mind it leads to a stressful situation that makes life a headache.

Cats are the only animal my dogs would kill and not eat... I am like deathly allergic to cats so I am not fond of them.. Some are cute but bleck cats.

still thier lives are still precious, and you should still respect them.

I know of someone who is allergic to cats but owns 5 of them and doesnt afraid of allergens!!!! lol.

he always has snot dripping down his nose and puffy eyes, but he loves those cats and I respect him very much so. :) what a guy.

also they are working on making cats that have none of the allergens! that is awesome!

I like Chinchillas. They are hypoallergenic. I don't like cats because there not people animals. I love my dogs because the are always happy to see me, as I them. You can get a shot every month that gets rid of almost any allergy. Dogs and Chinchillas FTW! :D

I don't think it's a good idea to keep animals in small confined spaces, no. Dogs need exercise and space, yes. But you don't let them go wandering around by themselves, into other peoples homes or yards. Keep them in your own, and that's great.

Cats need exercise and space, and you can't stop them from going into other peoples homes or yards unless you keep them inside all the time (which is obviously not a good solution).
IMO for this reason, cats are not suitable pets. They are naturally destructive, and impossible to control. Of all the other pets people own I don't have to do anything different or change anything *on my own property* to keep my own pets safe and my area clean. But if the person up the street has a cat, then suddenly *everyone* on the street with smaller pets must cage their animals, and anyone with a sandpit must cover it up. I've just had enough...

even if you let your animals loose and there is no cats there are still the following animals to watch out for as well:

hawks, foxes, raccoons, snakes, owls, badgers,weasels, and other predators that eat rodents and rabbits.

that's the way nature works. cages are not meant to confine those small animals, its to protect them becuase they are natural prey.

I feel like such a hardware junkie now...
just booted up on a cardboard box, hard drive laying around
used a fan to hold up the video card straight

My problem with cats stem from two things: my past experience and their actions.

I have had my hand and wrist basically shredded by a cat. Someone else had made it mad but I was the one it happened to try to maim. I didn't kill it, but it was out for quite a while where I threw it into a wall.

Cats will not stay off of tables and counters. We keep a very clean house, especially the kitchen. when a cat jumps up on either one it is no longer sanitary, period. Plus there is no way we will keep any animals inside the house.

I'm with S0UL. If the same thing had happened to me there would be no felines alive anywhere near my house, be it on my property or not. It would not matter who the cat belonged to, or their age. Eating to live is one thing, but cats will kill for fun and entertainment. Dogs will do the same and should get the same treatment. Maybe that's the country boy/redneck coming out in me but that's just the way it is for me. It's nothing personal.

Re: Tgif!!!!

Just got in from work a little over an hour ago. I am off until 3 pm Sunday (leave the house between 1:30 - 2, though, to be sure I make it in plenty of time).

Didn't do much today. I made lunch for everyone... vegetable soup made with chicken stock, and cornbread. I also took that for dinner tonight at work.

Banned a crapload of spammer accounts (39 in that sweep) earlier today (yesterday now), as well as seven other spammers. Larry is looking into why the server is not rejecting most of them.

I'm winding down now... will be heading to bed shortly.

Back
Top Bottom