Potentially the longest thread in history...

Oh I'm sorry, I should keep my pets caged so that yours don't kill them?

My neighbors (well, 3rd house down the street) cat was around them because it likes to wander around I guess. And it wasn't even at night, it was during the day.

And if cats felt remorse they wouldn't starve, the get fed by their owners (like every other pet)

this is a problem with the cities really. and the issues with overcrowding and stuff like that.

"please spay and neuter your pets"..."and strays too" there are clinics and charities devoted to helping reduce populations of stray dogs and cats in urban areas.

we had to keep our chickens in a pen and coop because or neighbors dog would kill them all the time.... we did not shoot it becuase it belonged to a little 5 year old girl. If we would have killed the dog that little girl would be heartbroken for a very long time.

those cats you kill could be somebody's baby. what if you killed a little girls cat or dog? would you feel good about making a little girl heartbroken? I couldn't bring myself to kill a dog that killed a pet robin I had becuase of this.

cats do not know about property lines or any of those things. they problly rolleyes and wonder why we live so crazily. I don't blame them.

Like I said, it's not exactly like this is a freak occurrence. And guess what? Those pets weren't 'mine' per se, more like the family pets. Our family has five kids under the age of 12 and two more kids under the age of 16. We lost one rabbit, then another. Then we decided that we'd take a break from pets for a while because of that.

After a while we got a few guinea pigs, had a few litters, etc. Then the first one got killed, and its babies along with it. After that I drew the line
I've got some pics if you want some, of what that poor innocent little 5 year old girl's cat did.

to cats these are thier prey. this is what they normally eat. this is why its not a good idea to keep pets like this in easily cat accessible areas.

and have you tried to prevent them from being preyed upon by the cats. normally these animals are kept inside in cages. so you might not be taking very good care of thier safety.

how could the neighbors cat go inside your house, open the cage and chow down?? LOL.

you have a strange situation and I advise you to keep your pets safe and contained.

Yeah, keeping them in a cage would definitley keep them safe. But honestly, I feel that's cruel. They're not meant to spend their lives confined in such a tiny space.

Back when we had rabbits in cages, when we let them out of the cage they'd literally go backflipping across the back yard because they were so happy to be out of the cage. It was **** kwl to watch :p

OH. Just remembered ANOTHER reason why I don't like cats lol. We have a sandpit in teh backyard for the kids, and so often the whole place would smell like cat poop or I'd go there and, even though we only had white sand in the pit, see the 3 year old making 'mud pies' (ewwwwww..)

I think the problem is it is impossible (without being cruel) to control a cat. They're not like dogs, which you can keep on a leash or can be confined to the back yard by a fence. They go where they want, and do what they want, and their owners literally can't do anything about it. They don't have a sense of remorse, and can't be trained out of what's natural to them.

When I was young I watch a dog kill chickens. I have watch coyotes(kill on site) drag dogs off, i even watch an eagle take a puppy from me. Circle of life.. My dog kills and eats rabbits, mice and the such all the time.. Of course I get upset, but it is in fact the circle of life. Animals weren't meant to get fed artificial food when they naturally go out for a hunt.

Back
Top Bottom