Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Lucky sod. It's been impossible for me to find saturday jobs and such, they're all taken by greedy people who want to feed their children :p

Yami Amazon and Tesco are opening up some rather large places down your way you might be worth while sticking your name on the alert lists for openings. I also know Rackspace are looking for a place down your end of the UK so it might be worth keeping a eye there too.

@ Trotter - Congrats and that is a beautiful name.

Today I have heard a roumour that this joke of a uniform is getting replaced (yay for not looking like the pink army) and that the British Soldiers in my detachment might all be receiving new weapons soon, I just hope they are going to replace that joke of a weapon known as the SA80A2.

Windows is making me mad right now. For some reason my wallpaper looks slightly distorted, the images (all my native screen resolution) look totally fine in Windows Image Viewer, but once set to the desktop the look slightly distorted. Almost blurry.

About to shut my rig down and replace mobo, CPU, and RAM. Going from my s939 4200 X2, DFI LanParty-UT SLI-D, and 4GB of DDR RAM to a Asus P5Q Pro mobo, Q6600, and 5GB (2 x 2GB, 2 x 512MB) DDR2.

Windows is making me mad right now. For some reason my wallpaper looks slightly distorted, the images (all my native screen resolution) look totally fine in Windows Image Viewer, but once set to the desktop the look slightly distorted. Almost blurry.
resize it using gimp/photoshop to your native resolution before using it as your wallpaper

They already are though :(. Did some searching before and someone with a similar problem reinstalled Windows to fix it, I'm not going to be bothered to do that though. I'll just deal with it I guess.

Re: Today I have...

Today I woke up, played some BFBC2, cleaned 20 years worth of crap out of the garage, and made a new sig for Slaymate:

4570586853_c058c30b64_o.png

They already are though :(. Did some searching before and someone with a similar problem reinstalled Windows to fix it, I'm not going to be bothered to do that though. I'll just deal with it I guess.
then it's most likely an issue with the image format conversion not using settings to retain quality.
If it's a png, Windows might be trying to convert it to a jpg, and in the process losing more quality than it should.

So if you save it as a jpg yourself using your own (high) quality settings you shouldn't have an issue.

Back
Top Bottom