Potentially the longest thread in history...

Received the Q6600 and Freezer 7 Pro this morning. I'm working on getting everything ready for swapping out my main components. I am not looking forward to reinstalling everything but the speed increase will be worth it.

I am currently consolidating the free space on my OS drive so I can make a partition to put my documents and all in for now. Once I reinstall I will move them back and delete that partition. It sucks to be out of additional storage space on my hard drives. I wish I had a 1TB+ to put everything on so I could set my 250's up as RAID0.

Received the Q6600 and Freezer 7 Pro this morning. I'm working on getting everything ready for swapping out my main components. I am not looking forward to reinstalling everything but the speed increase will be worth it.

I am currently consolidating the free space on my OS drive so I can make a partition to put my documents and all in for now. Once I reinstall I will move them back and delete that partition. It sucks to be out of additional storage space on my hard drives. I wish I had a 1TB+ to put everything on so I could set my 250's up as RAID0.

Congrats!! Welcome to the quad core world ;)

IT'S ABOUT TIME!. :big_smile:

:D Yeah, I am a happy camper. I probably won't get to foll with swapping everything out until the weekend. now if I just had n ATX capable case laying around I could give my wife my current mobo, CPU, and RAM instead of having to put it into a mATX board. Oh well. She'll be happy with it.

I have an old Intel Xeon cpu on my keychain :D

keychain.jpg
What did you do with the pins?

It looks like the pins were cut-off and then the whole bottom was grinded / machined smooth but I'm not really sure. I picked it up from a friend, Twizted, a few years ago. Twizted and another friend, Lokie, run Dragonmodz.net (LED's and stuff). Bill knows him also, now that I think about it, it was probably made over at Bill's.

Ah ok. I took the P4 from my fried old Gateway that's getting trashed. Wanted to do something like this, or at least something with it.

The thermal paste was solid, I had to use a toothbrush with alcohol to get it off.
p42j.jpg

p41u.jpg

Back
Top Bottom