Potentially the longest thread in history...

I'm going to buy a new Hard Drive possibly, I just need to get the parent's approval first.
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD3200AAJS 320GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Probably that one ^^

Personally I'd bump up the budget a bit and go for this ;)
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Faster and bigger for like $7 more. Assuming you might need a bigger capacity, I dunno.

If you're going to stick with a 320gb, get this one, we use it a lot in the shop and it works fine:

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3320613AS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Or if you want to bump it up, I'd personally say for the same price as the samsung Yami listed (5 bucks off) you can get this one

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

I haven't really had a lot of luck with the lower end Samsung drives in the shop...we generally stick with WD or Seagate and we have great results. The WD you mentioned only has an 8mb cache, but for the same cost the Seagate I listed has 16mb...eh, up to you. :p

The Samsung F#'s that are 1TB or higher are screamers. Benchies showed them to be faster than the WD Blacks.

I've been very happy with my current pair of Samsung drives. If i was in the market for a conventional drive the F3's would be at the top of my list.

^mine goes to sleep like all the time tho, it bugs me, takes like a good 5 seconds or more to come out of to access files.

I don't remember mine having that problem when I used it as a OS drive. Now that it's used for storage Windows does keep it powered down a lot but that's not the drives fault and is probably a good thing in the long run.

^mine goes to sleep like all the time tho, it bugs me, takes like a good 5 seconds or more to come out of to access files.
you can change how long it has to idle before it goes into sleep in power management.

33xih6a.jpg

my goodness. Who used this Panasonic Toughbook last? Vlad The Impailer?!?!?!?!?!
Getting dropped is a understatement.

Worst case of computer raged that I have seen today. I got a hole going through the base of the laptop, keyboard and it's cracked the screen.

Back
Top Bottom