Potentially the longest thread in history...

DROOLING over my current cart:

3x - Hanns·G HH-251HPB Black 24.6" 2ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail

1x - XFX HD-587A-ZNF9 Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card w/ATI Eyefinity

I have to wait either until April when I head back to the states or maybe I will plan a vacation to Miami :devil:

Does anyone know how FPS work with eyefinity? I mean, would it better to get 2x 5870's with 3 monitors?

From what I understand it is at the driver level so most games will stretch to it without major issue. The only problem is, if the games don't handle ultra wide aspect ratios then your image will be very distorted.

From what I understand it is at the driver level so most games will stretch to it without major issue. The only problem is, if the games don't handle ultra wide aspect ratios then your image will be very distorted.

Ah I see, I guess in those cases I would just use the center monitor. Thanks for the info.

um i hope you know this, but you need one of the three monitors to have displayport....otherwise you cant do tri monitors with eyefinity.

Now I know :p just one though, not all of them? edit:- Couldn't I just use like an HDMI>Displayport adapter?

Back
Top Bottom