Potentially the longest thread in history...

BSD.jpg

Nuff said...
Silly Mac ads.....
All of them can be a PC. A PC is not an Operating System.

Inteligant Rich business man... Stupid poor dumb ***... Nerd that lives with his mom... And that sexy thing none will dare get near.... seems all about right to me.

Apple can attack the generic "PC" without worries. If Apple attacked "Microsoft", "Windows", or any MS trademarks it would be war and Apple's pockets are not as deep as Redmond's.

I actually find the Mac/PC commercials humorous and so full of BS and misinformation as to be painful.

Overlord - she is one of the FreeBSD developers, I aint kidding she is one of the the best C programmers in the whole project.

Isn't the marketing term PC owned by IBM or was as I know they coined the term PC back during the 80's when they had Charley Chaplin doing the add's, god I feel sad knowing that... I really need to revistit my computer history book idea when I get a chance.

Apple can attack the generic "PC" without worries. If Apple attacked "Microsoft", "Windows", or any MS trademarks it would be war and Apple's pockets are not as deep as Redmond's.

I actually find the Mac/PC commercials humorous and so full of BS and misinformation as to be painful.

Agreed. They are completely wrong and quite humorous. I have had more headaches with Macs and Unix in general than Windows. I would so far as to say that Windows, "just works."

Windows just works for a reason, and that is the money behind it. Most current unix like OS's are made by hobbyists who havent got the time or skill to pull off a OS right. The only reason Solaris and FreeBSD are more stable is they have less of the weekend warriors in their core developer team and the code they write has real world applications that have to work in a business environment.

So I'm stuck working on a computer with Windows ME. I can smell the BSODs already.

Get this: somehow, the lady who owns this computer deleted all the pictures of her 5 dead pets. Think about that for a second. It's supposed to be quite a few pictures.

So somehow she sent the whole load of pictures to the recycle bin. And emptied the recycle bin. How she managed to do this while sober is beyond me.

And of course a regular scan didn't turn up anything but temporary internet files. So I have to do a deep scan. Lovely.

SCREW YOU COMPUTER I'LL DEEP SCAN YOUR MOM.

i know. I find it humorous as well.

Windows just works for a reason, and that is the money behind it. Most current unix like OS's are made by hobbyists who havent got the time or skill to pull off a OS right. The only reason Solaris and FreeBSD are more stable is they have less of the weekend warriors in their core developer team and the code they write has real world applications that have to work in a business environment.

All depends on how the user accepts n uses the computers. I still find it difficult to use Macs.

Back
Top Bottom