Potentially the longest thread in history...

shes gonna be arriving in a couple hours.....wish me luck
cya guys
just went to see Andy Moor last night at envy minneapolis .
Great night!

SGU was a lot better than I expected and I have to admit I really like it so far.

The only thing that didn't make any sense was how a few Lucian Alliance motherships were able to fight off the Hammond.

To nick an twist a line from agustus koya from sga -
It was a time honnourd tactic of greater numbers and shear bruit force.

That scene was fantasticly well done by the CGI department but I have 1 problem and 2 suspicions about that whole scene (not the CGI):

1) Wouldn't a base like that have some form of ground defence above the level of .50bmg's and a few rail guns that have had there rate of fire crippled (in The Siege part 2 they say it's 10k rounds a minute) and a few (I counted 6) F302's not including the ones from the Hammond, and I am sorry but if a asguard beam weapon can cut a Wraith cruiser in half it sure as buggery will cut a Hatak or Mothership in two.

2) Was the doctor played by Carlisle (cant reamber the name) responsible for letting the the Alliance know about the base.

3) Was it really the alliance?, I am sorry but 50SG teams, a few hundred Tokra and the Jaffa rebellion could not take out all the system lords and the rest in under 10 years there would still be a few hangers on with access to motherships and "loyal" Jaffa I wouldn't be surprised to find out later on that it was one of the remaining few who did it just to **** off earth.

The only thing that didn't make any sense was how a few Lucian Alliance motherships were able to fight off the Hammond.

yeah, that made no sense. There was only three hitak ships, they should have got there *** handed to them. Another thing, where were the 302's from the Hammond? They should have intercepted the gliders because they are faster.

I liked it a whole lot, I loved the whole FTL not hyperspace aspect.
It kinda doesn't follow the sg1 and Atlantis though. In those shows the ships had ftl drive (ftl means faster then light drives) in those shows it just meant hyperspace drives. But in this show it means just engines that go faster then light.

Another though, why were the ships not flying in hyper space? The only thing i came up with was that the tech was early generation...so the ancients had not developed hyperspace drive yet. that would kinda explain the life support failing (it being low tech compared to other tech in sg1 and Atlantis)

one more though, they said the ship started in the milky way galaxy, then went to Pegasus, and to other galaxies from then on. There were ships that launched ahead of destiny that determined habital planets and placed gates on them. So when they got to Pegasus, how come the stargate's are different (kinda of like a digital version of the gate IMO). The gate on destiny is also different then the gate in either the pegasus or the milky way, and it kinda seemed bigger to me (i think that is why everyone was flying out of the gate at the beginning as well). If this ship was launched when the first gate in the milkyway were being distributed would the gate not be like them as well? Maybe im just looking at details to much, that is why this show is kinda bugging me.

Well think about it for a moment the Destiny was supposed to run un manned for thousands if not millions of years without a crew, hyperspace might be a more efficient method of getting from A - B but the engines require a huge amount of power to run i.e. lose power even for a moment or two your out of hyperspace and dropping into normal space from that kinda speed tearing your way out of subspace as you go must be incredibly damaging, while a superluminal ship it might take a fair bit of momentum to get going will not stop (in theiory) even if it's engine die it'll still keep flying because of momentum so it won't even drop out of speed just coast forever till the ancients showed up and said bugger OK you go make a cup of tea I will go fix the engine.

Another possible reason is maybe at that point in time the ancients couldn't make a hyperdrive that would last that long it was supposed to be a long ranged mission and they couldn't get enough ZPM'z onboard reasonably or even build them yet, I think it's been said that they where the first race to even invent hyperspace technology and this was launched a few thousand years before Atlantis left earth for Pegasus in the first place (no requirement for the ATA gean) so maybe this was the mutts nut's at the time when it came to faster an light travel over large distances with more than you could pack on your back as with the Stargates.
^ This might also explain the reason for the ship being so messed up as even a small object hitting the ship (grain of rice or smaller) would cause massive damage to the ship and it looks like propulsion was a main goal over things like hull integrity or even life support.

Or it could be something else I haven't put much thought into this yet.

Back
Top Bottom